• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Limnophila aquatica "rangy"

Notator

My Limnophila looks perfectly healthy, lovely colour - but it grows with 2-3 cm of stem between the leaf sets...
Any suggestions please folks?

It's new to my aquarium which is 24" high, 4x 54w T5HO on 6 hours. FE CO2 and EI dosing from sponsor starter kit.

Hello,
Rangy growth is due to poor flow at the site of the stem. Prune and see if the new growth is more compact.

Cheers

Hi notator
I've allways found Lim. aquatica to grow denser and stronger (eve thicer) shoots, when I give root-taps to it. A littel surprising, but it actually seems to take huge advantage. A good cut, quite often, ofcourse also promotes stronger stems ;)
Mick.

Then out come the trusty scissors and a'pruning I will jolly well go!!!

I've come to the conclusion that the Bible left Clive out somehow - God may indeed have created the garden of Eden but I think Clive taught him how to look after it :)
Thanks for the info both!

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
HolyHandGrenade1.jpg

O Lord, bless this, Thy hand grenade, that with it, Thy mayest blow Thine enemies to smithereens (in Thy mercy), they being naughty in Thy sight.

Cheers,

Oh Jeez, don't tell me you're a Python fan too!!

*inspired*

"This 'ere plant, what you sold me not half an hour ago...is dead"
"Nah, it's just resting. Your Norwegian Blue Limnophila is well known for it"
etc etc!

Back