• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily Pipe Cleaner

Colinlp

Could anyone suggest a flexible cleaner that would be suitable for cleaning 13mm lily pipes? I have/had the CO2Art one but it has a 50mm non flexible brush that either won't go around the bend or if you bend it won't fit through the straight section. I cut the end off to try and make it work but the bristles are falling out rapidly

Thanks for any suggestions

Hi,
Cant´quite understand what is the issue of cleaning lily Pipes..and so many threads to it..
I simple put them in pure leache for a hour or so, then wash in tap water .. et voila! Brend New!
I do the same for my ADA 40 mm Pollen Beetle difuser and my Twinstar.

I put all together in water with pure leache. 50/50

Best regards

20 minutes in a strong bleach solution I do but that doesn't get it all out, I have a life to get on with other than maintaining my tanks so if I can give it a quick scrub and save an hour it makes sense to me. Otherwise the tank goes, end of. Given a choice I would rather not use bleach at all, there's enough carp going down our drains on a daily basis as it is

No need for bleach with AWB's method, superb solution.

:D I have my uses. Was just about to pop in and suggest my DIY method, I can't believe it's been noted by so many people. Truly honoured, glad some people have found it some use. I never had any luck with bleach but my pipes tend to get really mucky especially at the bottom of the inlet. I guess if you clean them more regularly than me a soak in bleach while changing the filter may do. I eventually invested in another set so although I can clean them and put them straight back I clean them then leave a set soaking in thin bleach in a tupperware box until next filter change.

:D I have my uses. Was just about to pop in and suggest my DIY method, I can't believe it's been noted by so many people. Truly honoured, glad some people have found it some use. I never had any luck with bleach but my pipes tend to get really mucky especially at the bottom of the inlet. I guess if you clean them more regularly than me a soak in bleach while changing the filter may do. I eventually invested in another set so although I can clean them and put them straight back I clean them then leave a set soaking in thin bleach in a tupperware box until next filter change.

Hi AWB, Thank you for the info :clap: Simple and works well :thumbup:

Indeed thanks @AverageWhiteBloke .. :) I recently brushed my brush to damnation, this is the perfect my idea solution i never thought of.. :clap:
:thumbup:

Just make sure you tie the scrunchy to the pipe well people. I had an experience not so long ago where the knot had came undone with plenty of use and the scrunchy part was literally hanging by a thread. Had a bit of a bomb diffusing moment where I had to pull it out as gently as I could, no idea how I would have got the scrunchy part back out if the pipe if it had came off. :eek:

Back