• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting suggestions for 45L tank.

GeorgeR

Hi,
I purchased a 45L Arc tank from eBay to get back into having plants. The tank came with the Arcadia Ellipse 18w plant pro light https://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/arcadia-ellipse-light-unit-plant-pro-freshwater-18-watt.html. As i suspect the tank is a few years old i wanted to replace the bulb, but have so far been unable to source a new one.

So i am looking for a cheap replacement light basically. The tank only cost £25 so i don't really want to spend loads on a light. Also i am using this tank to get me going again with planting prior to setting up my 190L tank, so would prefer to spend money on that if needed in the future.

The Arc tank is quite deep for 45 litres, with dimensions of 40 cm (H) x 40 cm (W) x 27 cm (D).

Any suggestions appreciated.

George

Last edited:
Hi
The arcadia eclipse bulb is just a branded (expensive 20odd pounds )pll bulb with 2g11 socket
U can get easy philips 6500k bulb for 3-4 quid and use that.Im using same bulbs on my tanks and have no problems.I think the 18w and the 24w are same lenght and will fit inside.If U not going with CO2 I will suggest to get the 18w as 24w is quite strong(grew HC in my first iwagumi H30cm of the tank with no issues)
Regards Konsa

Hi
the warm white is below 3000k if not mistaken and not sure how plants will respond to it.
I suggested 6500k as is classed as day light (aka cool white) as this is what I have always used.
Regards Konsa

Back