• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting Position Eheim vivalineLED 240

IvanK

Good Evening, Ladies and Gents,

Just wanted to share a couple of pictures with and ask for your thoughts. I'd love to know which of the two pics prefer better? One shows the light (the standard LED light that comes with the aquarium) moved towards the front of the aquarium, the other one shows the light moved to the back.
I have to say, I like both :)

Thanks in advance, any thoughts and comments will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

Ivan

Attachments

• 20230426_215227.jpg
    20230426_215227.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 189
  • 20230426_215319.jpg
    20230426_215319.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 90
Hi @IvanK, Great looking tank! I like the first one (_215227.jpg) better, as I can better see and appreciate the coloration of the fish and it makes the tank look more evenly lit. This (mostly) comes down to taste of course.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Hi @IvanK, Great looking tank! I like the first one (_215227.jpg) better, as I can better see and appreciate the coloration of the fish and it makes the tank look more evenly lit. This (mostly) comes down to taste of course.

Cheers,
Michael
Hi Michael, thanks for the reply and thanks for the compliment.
Yeah, the forst one makes it look a bit more bold, with more character. I will definitely experiement and see if the plants at the back will be ok with it. Eventually may get a second light.

Cheers

Ivan

I like them both, what happens if you put the light in the middle?
Cheers!
Thanks, bazz.
You can see on the picture attached what the aquarium is like when the light is centred. What do you think?

Cheers!

Ivan

Attachments

• 20230426_231054.jpg
    20230426_231054.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
I much prefer the front positioning, followed by centre.
Me too... I just favor being able to appreciate the coloration of the fish above anything else. Again, matter of taste.

Both my tanks have two LED panels (cheap ones) which provide full coverage - except when the surface gets overgrown with outsized leaves, frogbit and duckweed, that is.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Thanks, bazz.
You can see on the picture attached what the aquarium is like when the light is centred. What do you think?
Hi,
Well essentially it's all a matter of personal taste plus it is always difficult to get the full picture of an aquarium from photographs, but from what I can see from here I would agree with @LightingBamboozled and @MichaelJ. Having the light nearer to the front will also assist in bringing out the colours of the fish in the foreground as well as towards the rear.
Cheers!

Me too... I just favor being able to appreciate the coloration of the fish above anything else. Again, matter of taste.

Both my tanks have two LED panels (cheap ones) which provide full coverage - except when the surface gets overgrown with outsized leaves, frogbit and duckweed, that is.

Cheers,
Michael
Yeah, I guess I will end up getting another light, and it will start looking like having a panel. In the evenings I will keep only the front one turned on.

Hi,
Well essentially it's all a matter of personal taste plus it is always difficult to get the full picture of an aquarium from photographs, but from what I can see from here I would agree with @LightingBamboozled and @MichaelJ. Having the light nearer to the front will also assist in bringing out the colours of the fish in the foreground as well as towards the rear.
Cheers!
Totally agree!

Cheers,
Michael

another vote from me for 2 panels for full coverage! :cool: (other factors include the size of tank and whether you have access to a hanging kit which will improve the spread)

Back