• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting hours Aquasky

EA James

Hi all,
I have my Aquasky light on daylight time from 13:00 until 20:30 (sunrise to sunset) red, green, blue and white all at 50%
Then from 20:30 until midnight 25% red, 5% green, 100% blue and 1% white as i like this setting for the evening when i'm sat in the living room.
My question is, if this is on from 13:00 until midnight is it too much light? Does the evening setting at very low light still cause problems or as it's so dim is it ok to continue?
I only have Java fern, Bolbitis heudelotii, Giant Vallis and various Anubias so nothing to demanding
Any help will be appreciated
Cheers, James

I have my lights do the same but it's a twinstar
3_3.30 ramp up
3.30-8.30 100%
8.30_9ramp down
9_11 10% so I can enjoy the tanks later on when everyhas gone to bed and have no issues as the full photo period has finished co2 injection finished at 7
The light is so low I cant see how it could cause any problems and havnt had any been like this for nearly a year on the tanks

Does the evening setting at very low light still cause problems or as it's so dim is it ok to continue?

Well algae has a lower compensation point for light that plants, so they can use light at lower levels than plants and thrive on it. The best level of light to prevent algae is no light. But also nice to enjoy the tank at low light levels too, so I would beep an eye on it. I do have a system on mine where I press a button and I get a lower low light period.

Back