• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting advice 80x40x40

Iain mlaren

Hi I've recently been setting up a new aquaone 110l optiwhite tank. I plan to run co2 and ferts. Hopefully growing mainly Hemianthus callitrichoides and some Eriocaulon cinereum. I have brought 2 1000nd grobeam from tmc assuming I would have plenty of light to grow medium-advanced plants. I recently came across tropica light guide saying there lumens recommended chart. My light are 800lumens each equalling 1600 or 16p/l this puts me right at the bottom under easy plants? Not anywhere near where I want to be. Is this correct or am I reading things wrong? Will these lights grow the plants I want or do I need more? Hope someone can help me with this and put my mind to rest lol

Hey lain, I had some T5 LED bulbs from Arcadia and they produced 360 lumens each or 1440 total as I had 4 over a 125 litre aquarium and they grew anything I put into the tank including advanced plants and a carpet plant, I did email Arcadia as I thought that 360 lumens was low and they said something along the lines of that LED's aren't measured by lumens and more by PAR, I think them grobeams will grow anything no problem at all to be honest with you. I can't confirm maybe someone else can comment personal experiences on these lights

Hi Lukas. Thanks for that information. I had thought these would be more than enough but having not gone full led and coming across tropica guide I was sure. If I was to try getting 40+ lumens per litre I'd have to have like 5 of these over a small 110l tank seems very over kill to me. I do have a couple of spare reef white 600 strips I could add in but they come with blue and aren't meant for tropical plant growth obviously. I suppose I will have to go forward with these and see if plants grow lol. Unless anyone can tell me Deffenetly yes or no. Cheers

Hi alba aquarist. A long and interesting read thanks for that. I think the ones I have are the updated version with focused lenses possibly led upgrades but unsure. Seems they are good for his tank that is a bit larger than mine so hopefully all should be good. Thanks again

Hi. Yeah I knew they had the ultima. Only reason I say maybe updated is I've seen some that have just a clear plastic over lenses and some that seem to be shaped around the led (like mine) I maybe wrong tho lol

OK thanks. I have the tiles on a right so I can easy higher or lower them. My back ground were I plan on most my plants being is fairly high aswel so I don't think I'll have to much trouble. This is a picture of my setup before planting.
20170312_181533.jpg
20170313_164517.jpg
20170313_164517.jpg

Attachments

• 20170313_164509.jpg
    20170313_164509.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 84
Back