• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting a deep tank?

Pengelli

Seedling
Hello,
I am going to close down my reef tank and hopefully start a planted tank. I am unsure what out of my reef equipment I can use for a planted tank. The aquarium is 44" long 24" wide and 30" deep. I have two echotech radion pro lights that are fully programmable and are capable of putting out 170 watts each. They were powerful enough to grow corals in 30" of water. My question is will the be adequate for a planted tank and if so, what kind, low tech or high tech?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Tim

Depends on the penitration off the light and what plants you have on the lowest parts too.
Also the spectrum of the lights you have may be better suited for reef. That's not to say the plants won't grow as the plants are fussy about the colour, just not look as good as lights for a planted tank.

What spectrum does your lights do?

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

Sorry for the delay in replying. It has been a hectic day. The programme they have for planted fresh water tanks ranges from 5000 to 7000k. This is one of the standard programmes, they can be adjusted to suit your individual tastes or needs. Since posting this I have found an old thread on this site that talks of there use over a shallow tank with positive results.

Sorry for the delay in replying. It has been a hectic day.

No need, real life always first.
The programme they have for planted fresh water tanks ranges from 5000 to 7000k. This is one of the standard programmes, they can be adjusted to suit your individual tastes or needs. Since posting this I have found an old thread on this site that talks of there use over a shallow tank with positive results.

Good news if you can change the spectrum output so it looks good :thumbup:

Back