• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting a 120 X 60 X 60cm

DTM61

Hi all,

My brother is setting up a new tank and I'm struggling to find a decent but affordable lighting setup. Sub £500. Shimmer or no shimmer. Best / most natural colour rendition possible. Led / t5. Any options considered. Would rather not have two full length units resting on the rim (twinstar etc). Can hang units. Dimmer option required.

Many thanks
Dan

T5 fixtures can be cheaper compared to 2 (decent) LED units for a tank that big. However on the long term you will have to spend money on replacing the bulbs.

Depends also what kind of style you prefer. T5 can be truly amazing with colorful layouts. Lots of options to swap a bulb to change the look... but also means you have to buy a lot of bulbs to play around with it. You can copy someone setup but your taste might be different.

You can get a dimmable ATI sunpower fixture but it is 1) more expensive 2) the more options it has the more can break also.

This one is a cheaper good option

You can try to dim your t5 fixture with something like this or something like window mesh screening.

I bought an Ati sunpower 6x54w for my 120x50x60cm tank.

Last edited:
Back