• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lido 120 water above the max level ?

eminor

Hello, i have an old lido 120, i removed the t5 fixture to put another light above the tank, there is a water level line 2 inches below the top of the glass panels, when i look from the top it looks bad, i see all the silicone etc.

I'm wondering if the water level is a structural security to avoid glass failure or just to avoid the original light fixture to be under water, maybe both, any idea ? thx

Last edited:
Good morning,
It's been at least 5 years now since I had a Lido 200 up and running so memory might be a little cloudy but I'm quite sure you're correct with your assumption that line is there to avoid the lights (which I removed) coming into contact with the water or possibly it's the optimum level for the built in filter of which I removed. Either way the silicone work above that line was slightly shoddy so I left the pelmet on but would practically fill the tank to the top. Those Juwels are pretty much bomb proof.
As with any modifications though, you do this at your own risk.
Cheers!

Back