• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

length of co2 tubing?

Dan-CR4

I was thinking of getting a pub gas co2 bottle, but as they are quite big it wont fir in my cabinet. I was thinking of running co2 tubing through an interior wall to the next room as dont really want to put a pig ass ugly pub co2 gas bottle in my living room, well I wouldn't mind but I know the wife would.

so can this be done, does it matter how long the co2 tubing is away from the inline diffusers.

Yes, the tubing has a friction and you'll have energy loss over distances due to this friction, this will appear as a pressure loss which depending on your method of injecting into the tank might limit the CO2 into the tank.

You might get away with it but along with the greater chance of kinks and leaks I would try and ide the bottle in the room some how.

Yes you can do it, many people have, pressure & flow loss is irrelevant. You just need to make sure you have needle valve, one way valve, bubble counter all together next to the tank.

So tank and regulator and solenoid outside, run pipe into house to needle valve and rest of equipment. Done.

Yes, agree with Ian, the only thing is that the larger volume of air in the long tube causes some delay in delivery to the diffuser but once it's running, it will be fine.

Cheers,

Back