• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED's

So 56mW it is like 5.6W total which is crap two CREE LED for 8 Euro will be brighter :) Such a waste of material it is hard to believe. I have 4x CREE running 8W total on 30cm cube it is sufficient.

You can get TMC miniled 400 for 65 for 30cm cube you can run full power as most of light will beam to the front of tank because this light is not exactly in the middle of 30cm tank it would suit better 40x40cm tank and use some floaters as natural dimmer if you think too much light.

Hi Ian

They're low power LEDs. 96 x 54mW gives you around 5 watts. At best this will likely give you an equivalent light output (PAR) compared with an 11w PC T5. This is my estimation, based on experience with these types of LEDs (fitted to the 46 litre Fluval Edge).

You probably won't want to use the blue LEDs. I guess they're switchable.

Anyway, all the best with the unit and I'd be interested to hear how you get on. Just don't expect to be growing handfuls of glosso every week!

Cheers,
George

edit - Radik has beaten me to it!

ianho said:
ooops, well that's a waste of £40 then! lol

Thanks guys.

Too late to cancel ? I made a booboo on something before Christmas, and the seller agreed to cancel the deal... could be worth a try. Some you win, some you lose mate, and hey, knowing you, you will grow krugerands under any light !

i'll keep it, i'm sure it'll come in useful somewhere down the line. Cheers Chris.

ianho said:
i'll keep it, i'm sure it'll come in useful somewhere down the line. Cheers Chris.

Fair enough. I doubt its useless... after all, look at the results you had in your nano with that other LED light. :thumbup:

Back