• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED options

akwarium

Hi guys, ( and girls)

Does anyone have a reasonable priced suggestion for a LED unit that could replace my 2 TMC tiles?
There are dozens of aquariumLEDs these days, I'm not sure where to look for...
Hope you can help me out ;)

Wow, both tiles failing like that isn't very good. I'd contact TMC and get something sorted from them - you can't just throw £300 of lighting in the bin. send them over for inspection/repair.

I did, some time ago, TMC responded quickly and told me to contact the Dutch distributor, I did but unfortunately no reaction.
I heard from a friend that she got a shop owner to send her broken LED back to the distributor and it took them nearly a month to send it somewhere it could be made.
so option one: start stalking the distributor, wait a few months hoping I get them fixed, probably getting myself a stomach ulcer , and still have to get some lighting for the time being.
and option two: get new lightning and a bottle of whiskey, make a huge fire in my backyard, burn the old LEDs while I'm drinking and dancing around the fire.

Like option two :lol:

I don't know how inclined you are to buy TMC LEDs again after your experience, but I just bought the TMC Aquabar 500, and I really like their look. I haven't used them yet, but I know a few people on here have, and with good results.

I'm using an arcadia classica stretch and no complaints so far. If you hunt around I think they're the cheapest branded unit. How big is your tank?

That's really bad customer service.

We've had LEDs out on the tmc marine strips, and a duff controller but not had any trouble getting them replaced quickly. Going to the shop you purchased might work better. If you're lucky they'll just swap them for you.

Back