• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led lighting for 15l tank

Yeah link worked fine mate lol...looks good, any other ideas out there? If a few people could give me some ideas I can look into them all more deeply before I jump in ( I always rush in and regret later)

Hi

Cheap and LED are not words that combine well IMO. Just have a look to LED fixtures in our sponsors and see the prices of reliable ones... Additionally for that tank volume I think you won't need that much light and a very cheap light fixture with low consumption bulbs would work. In that case you can buy the cheapest model you find, it would be easy to repair if it fails.
Remember that growing the plants you mention is not a matter of light, but a matter of providing enough co2 and ferts for the light you have, so I would begin with a low wattage (another advantage for CF is that you can change to more powerful bulbs if you like). Not sure if a 9w CF over your 15 liters would imply any kind of co2 enrichment... I guess that if you are going to 11 or 13w, co2 enrichment would be mandatory.

Jordi

many thanks for that detailed reply,much appreciated;) could you possibly advise a particular model for me? For co2 i was thinking of either a small 16g or the 88g disposable bottles along with easy carb? Ferts in not sure on yet (any ideas?) thanks again for the help ,Chris

The disposable 16 or 88g co2 sets will work out extremely expensive in the long run, I'd choose a co2art reg and adapter to use 600g welding gas bottles if you don't have room for a 2 kg fe or bottle. A fluval 11 a clip on light would work ok for that size tank with co2 post up in the for sale,swap, wanted section maybe.

many thanks for that detailed reply,much appreciated;) could you possibly advise a particular model for me? For co2 i was thinking of either a small 16g or the 88g disposable bottles along with easy carb? Ferts in not sure on yet (any ideas?) thanks again for the help ,Chris
Hi Chris

Regarding the ferts, if you chose the enriched carbon way (pressurized or liquid C) you will need them, probably macro and micronutrients. Have a look to the tutorial section for dry salts dosing. If you don't feel comfortable with dry salts, you can buy prepared ferts... We got sponsors specialized on this.

Jordi

Back