• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED light upgrade

brownviper1966

I started a first ever attempt to aquascape using the Dry start method.
Now, its the 5th week into the setup and is lit by Finnex Planted+ 24/7 ALC LED light, the carpet and other mosses seem to grow.

Planning to flood on the 6th week add CO2.
I m hoping to do lean fertilization on the tank
the tank dims are 600x450x360mm
My questions:
what should be the fertilization routine I should to adopt,
what rate the CO2 should be,
and mainly, would the Fennix light mentioned above be enough, or is it worth investing into a more powerful LED lights.

There are lots of threads on the forum that cover all these topics and starting with those will give you a good idea.
YouTube also has lots of great information. Check out channels like Green Aqua who do videos on all three topics, like lights, Co2 and fertiliser.

You are aiming to lean dose so follow those instructions. I have to ask why you want to lean dose but then ask what dose regime to use? EI might be easier and just do big water changes regular filter cleans.

Co2, you want a measured 1pH drop from a stablised water column sample before your lights are on and ideally, continue at this drop until lights out or entering dusk mode (if you have this on that fixture). Drop checkers are a guide and not to be used to "dial in" your injection rate. I've got to the point where I can pretty see from the plants reaction how well my injection is going but this is on a very mature tank with lots of stability.

thanks for all the suggestions guys
from my questions, you can tell that I m kind of new and there is a lot to learn.

Back