• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led Light for Dennerle Scaper 50L (budget)

Furgan

Hi,

I'm looking for a led Light for the Dennerle Scaper 50L (budget). 45cm width

My budget is 50-60 pounds max

I looked at the Dennerle 24watt they recommend for this tank but it looks like a halogen and recommended to change bulb every 6 months.

They do a Dennerle power led 5.0 wat led but not sure if this would be powerful enough (what do you think)

I've looked at some cheaper options on Amazon but have no idea how good they are.

I would like a on off switch and the plants I'm looking to use will be Anubis and java fern, so keeping it simple. This is to be a 100% shrimp only set up.

Any help would be appreciated

I'd be tempted to look at the cheap led bars they sell on ebay, I'm pretty sure they would come in under your budget; are on/off and would grow the species mentioned above

Hi all,
Dennerle 24watt
It is a compact fluorescent (CFL) bulb, so you don't need to change it until it fails, and it won't run very hot.

You would need to look at the lamp base to find out how much a replacement would cost (I haven't seen one, but it is probably 4 pin).
They do a Dennerle power led 5.0 watt led
Have you had a look at the Chihiros LED's from forum sponsor Hinterfeld?

An <"A series LED"> would produce more than enough light for the plants you would like to grow.

cheers Darrel

I'm new to the forums and have read some info about the chicories but got confused when the currency was showing in ca dollers.

As the tank is 45cm they smaller seems to end at 45 and the med start so I suppose they both will fit ok?

I'll send them a message and see if I can read up some more on them as they seem within my price range

I picked up a nicrew rgb from Amazon for 18 quid, will see what it's like and can always upgrade later.

Back