• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED For A 75cm Long Tank

Superpuma1

Hi Folks
I’m looking at mid range lighting for a 75cm long tank, bit of an odd size so my choices are quite limited.
Some models that spring to mind are the TwinStar B and EA Series lamps and the SuperFish Scaper LED 93.
The Twinstars fit tanks 60-75cm, SuperFish 74-93cm. So with the SuperFish l’d have the length of the tank covered by the light, with the Twinstar l’d have a 60cm lamp covering 75cm…. What are people’s opinions? Is the TwinStar a superior product and worth popping a smaller light over the tank or is the SuperFish better as it covers the whole aquarium?
Cheers for any feedback.

Hi Folks
I’m looking at mid range lighting for a 75cm long tank, bit of an odd size so my choices are quite limited.
Some models that spring to mind are the TwinStar B and EA Series lamps and the SuperFish Scaper LED 93.
The Twinstars fit tanks 60-75cm, SuperFish 74-93cm. So with the SuperFish l’d have the length of the tank covered by the light, with the Twinstar l’d have a 60cm lamp covering 75cm…. What are people’s opinions? Is the TwinStar a superior product and worth popping a smaller light over the tank or is the SuperFish better as it covers the whole aquarium?
Cheers for any feedback.
Well to start THIS "B" version doesn't list covering a 75cm tank .60B 60-70cm, 90B 90-100cm:

The Superfish is 90-ish euros and a bit high for an all white no dimming (well can be added) led.
At 98 CRI.. ell I really need to see a spectrum chart to possibly prove that.

I personally like lights that fit.Now one can raise the light to cover the ends at the expense of par a bit.

Keep in mind that white only vs say RGBW lights look pretty different.

Only 20W but 1/2 the cost of the Superfish. And all built in bells and whistles.
Depending on how wide your tank is or deep for that matter. 2 may be best.

superfish93.JPG

Cheers for that Oreo👍.
I wasn’t aware that the SuperFish was all white leds, took it for granted that it was full spectrum. I shall read up on the Nicrew, but as you say, only 20watts…..

Back