• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaves look like netting, full of holes.

HiNtZ

I don't normally ask advice about deficiencies as I believe it is something to work through yourself - this has worked for me up until now for the past few years, but this one is stumping me.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-S3FwfLrLBseENmMlB5WVUzT2M

I want to believe potassium, but something else is telling me iron. I have plenty of both going in, but maybe there is something inhibiting the iron (too much phosphate?).

Either way, ideas are welcome especially if you've had this identical problem before. If it's any help, my rotala rotundifolia old leaves are displaying blackish/brown scars and are a very dull/dark glossy green colour.

Apart from that everything else seems to be growing fine and new growth is not affected which is confusing me since it appears to be a macro issue.

Thanks in advance.

I have this too, it's afflicting my faster growing more delicate leaved plants. My tank is v heavily stocked and I feed my fish too well so I don't think it's insufficient macros. I only dose micros in this tank.

Plant mechanical issues are usually down to poor carbon source and/or plants being scoffed.

What source of carbon are you supplying ?

What is lighting regime ?

What do you have in your tank?
I had something similar on the Amazon Swords was only on this plant. Found it was the Brissel nose plecs.

Back