• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaves Browning Slightly

pauldesfitz

Hi All,
Advice needed please..
My Tank has been Planted for 3 weeks, and Plants have grown well. However, it seems that some of the Top Leaves on Stem Plants are a bit Yellow/Brown when you look closely.
Also, my Staurogyne Repens have lost their rich Lustre, and are looking a bit Tired.
Initially I had too much Light , so have dropped back on that,
I have upped my EI dosing , in case it is a nutrient problem, and my CO2 is about 4-5 BPS ,with a Bazooka Diffuser.
My flow is ok. with a Spraybar across full length of tank, so feel that that is sufficient.
I had some Algae on a few leaves initially, So stepped the heavy lighting back to recommended level.
Just a little confused about the Balance, and appreciate your advice or suggestions.
Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,
What size is your tank and what is your filter turnover? Also how are you measuring your Co2 levels - PH meter or drop checker etc?

Tank is approx 150 ltr... Filter is a fluval 404 ...supposedly 1300 ltrs per hour ... Co2 is measured with a PH pen ..
It drops by about 0.7 over photoperiod ..
I am thinking of making an Inline Reactor like the ones on Forum to improve CO2 .
Any thoughts ?

My guess would be flow rate needs upping, once the filter has media in and pipe length flow rate can drop upto around 50% again as a guess if your filter is full with media id say your flow rate will be around 800 - 900lph

Mark

Thanks Mark...thinking of running a powerhead to get things moving. But with a new set up ...was reluctant.
Appreciate your thoughts

Hi Paul,As Mark says you need to up the turnover, I have a Jewel Rio 180 and i'm running 2 Fluval 405's and a Koralia 900

Chers
Martin

Just a queery ?
I attatched a power head/wave maker to the Tank yesterday from my old Cichlid tank set-up, and it nearly Blew the plants into Next week !! It says 2000 ltr turnover on description plate ..
So, are the Koralia Pumps likely to do the same ??
Any thoughts ?

Back