• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaking Up-Aqua Inline Atomizer

I bought one of these the other week from co2 art. After trying to undo the nuts to have a look at the diffuser and the nuts seemingly being stuck I emailed co2 art. They said there have been problems with them so they're now being supplied glued together. So I guess the manufacturer is aware of issues.

They kindly refunded my purchase in full. Now looking for other inline CO2 options.

My replacemnt was DOA - cracked and leaking. So I tried to tighten the old one to stop that from leaking and it broke... so now I'm back to my in tank diffuser again.

I would also like to hear if anyone knows of a better alternative to the UP diffuser, because I'm beginning to feel quite stupid for asking CO2 art for a third one

The co2 inlet on most plastic diffusers/reactors is always the Achilles heal, I don't think it helps that co2 seems to make most plastics brittle. I always put a non-return valve somewhere in the line even if the bubble counter etc already has one. When I take out the the inline atomiser for cleaning I disconnect from the NRV rather than the body. NRV's are much cheaper to replace ;)

Plus, the manufacturer can't sell you a new one when you break it.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

As a +1 on inline Up I installed an Aqua Up yesterday and after 3 minutes of successful flow one of the plastic seams cracked and separated as per the image. (Sorry image is so large)

Thankfully I was watching and cut the flow fast. Then when I was taking off the second bit of piping the other side cracked (for context I need help opening jam jars - I'm not strong.) The build quality on my Aqua up unit is questionable. The seller thinks it can be repaired with a replacement part - which now looking at the builds above I can see how. Not sure I feel good about trying these again to be honest.

View attachment 106178

I had a brand new un-used up aqua inline atomizer break exactly how you pictured today, I noticed the top hose nut was loose so when to see If i could turn it by hand and it just came away so easily, I am glad I had not installed this unit onto my filter otherwise I would probably have water everywhere... quality control with these units must be very very bad, this is the 3rd unit I have broken, all in various locations i.e cracking, co2 nib breaking off and now the whole top nut area sheering of the body, need to look for an alternative.

Yeah, I just can't see how those units were allowed to leave a factory. Glad you spotted it before hooking it up. Also looking for an alternative.

I have cleaned my JBL 3 or 4 times and it always close perfectly. Its running realy nice. I had an do aqua 40mm and I switch off to this one. Its less things inside the tank, and its very efective. It saves a lot of co2 and work cleaning the in tank difuser once a month.

Never had an Up atomizer but I heard one person that had one and it happens the same has you guys. Once openned never seal again perfectly. The JBL is very robust, and its clear plastic as well.

I have cleaned my JBL 3 or 4 times and it always close perfectly. Its running realy nice. I had an do aqua 40mm and I switch off to this one. Its less things inside the tank, and its very efective. It saves a lot of co2 and work cleaning the in tank difuser once a month.

Never had an Up atomizer but I heard one person that had one and it happens the same has you guys. Once openned never seal again perfectly. The JBL is very robust, and its clear plastic as well.

Thanks for the tip on the JBL inline unit - I might try this next time around.

The JBL is very robust, and its clear plastic as well

Got one and the bubbles was too big even after soaking so took it back, did have it on inlet to filter which may of caused the larger bubbles, shame really as they do a 25mm version too.

I would like to try one out but doesn't look like I can get them over here in Australia :(

Got one and the bubbles was too big even after soaking so took it back, did have it on inlet to filter which may of caused the larger bubbles, shame really as they do a 25mm version too.

Some of the bobbles are large, but most of them are invisible. I know this because the DC shows me. All that we want is invisible co2 in the tank. What is the point of having bobbles waving around, and most or some get in the filter? Its better to put them right in the filter at start.

This time I put the atomizer in the inlet. Now it's 0 (zero!) bobbles wandering around the tank. Absolute no bobbles spoiling the view. Now I know I have water and not 7up... I was shaking the filter time to time to see if there is some co2 pockets there and nothing. Works great.

For those who is wondering what diffuser to buy I definitely advise the inline atomizer, the JBL one cause I can't vouch for another.
-Cheap (comparing with ADA or even DO!Aqua)
-Best diffusion compared with ADA or even the NEO ones (Ihave one of those too).
-Of the tank.
-Practically no cleaning necessary.
-"Unbreakable"
-Invisible co2
-No or practically none flow reduce.

Abraço

I think I will order 3 JBL ProFlora Direct Inline CO2 Diffuser from ebay UK, shipping to Australia is almost the cost of one unit but if they dont break I will be happy

I got the Diffuser made by Co2art yesterday. The build quality seems to be much better than the two broken UP diffusers I've tried. Also the bubbles are almost to the point of invisible now - and if you really crank up the CO2 it comes out almost as a smoke/cloudish apparence. So far I am really pleased with it, and I'll take it any day over the UP ones I've tried :)

inline-co2-atomizer.jpg

This one passed by in my mailbox yesterday. If mine breaks again, I'm trying it out.

Everything in light grey is made of metal. Looks pretty sturdy!

Back