• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leafy experiment

Kezzab

Did some messing about with my second tank this weekend. Going for a dim leafy thing. No attempt at any specific biotope, just something very different from the high tech big tank.

Suggestions for fish welcome. I'm thinking a pair or small group of something that might like very soft water and leaf litter.
20220313_183901.jpg

Cheers @Wookii. It is 60cm. Funny how things you chuck together in 5 minutes often turnout quite pleasing.

It is - I think sometimes the more you try and design it and overthink it, the less natural it ends up looking, even if that is your design goal - at least that's the way it seems to work for me.

Anyway onto fish choices, another Gourami vote from me, but mine would be Chocolates (mainly as they're the only ones I have experience of!). I have a quite a few babies at the minute - if you happen to be passing Nottingham on the M1 at any point in the next few months you would be welcome to some if you're happy to raise them from 'younglings'. They would do great in a dimly lit softwater tank like that!

Popped in to LFS earlier this week and as per @Courtneybst suggestion there were some juvenile Dicrossus Filamentosus, so I got a group of 6.

If it gets a bit cramped I have the option to redo the big tank to accommodate them.

So far so good, they potter about in staccato fashion, occassionally squaring up to each other for some competitive shimmying. Eating well too.

20220319_093733.jpg

Back