• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaf Clawing

Unexpected

I'm not sure if this is a problem or not, it appears as if the leaves are clawing. This is a recent transplant and it's shocked just a bit. I can see some fuzz algae forming on it. Should I just let it go and watch, or is there a bigger issue I need to address?

Attachments

• Miller 75 3.28.22.PNG
    Miller 75 3.28.22.PNG
    317.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Clawing Spatulata.jpg
    Clawing Spatulata.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
I topped and transplanted about 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Yeah, his templet is nice!

That looks like Staurogyne in its emersed form. If that is the case then it just needs time to adapt. Looking closely you seems to have multiple algae. BBA, GSA and hair algae. If your CO2 is what it is then your problem seems flow pattern. A full pic of the tank could helps also assess things better.
I think it is/was a flow issue. I just swapped the spray bar from the side to the back. The flow pattern is now back to front and I increased the bar length. It's been about 1 week so far in the new position.
Unfortunately, this tank is in transition and plant mass is low at the moment and rearranged just this evening. I'll have a picture posted in the morning.
Thank you!

It's so sparsely planted now that I will forgo the picture 🤣.
I'm going to drop my dosing totals and wait and see.
Thank you for the help! I will update once things change.

Back