• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

layout for lilly pipes

Hey guys, the glassware issue has been discussed loads of times and there's never a good answer for everyone - what works for one doesn't always work for another so personal experiences are the only way of allowing someone to make their own judgment.

If you want my opinion, Cal Aqua has always been the best for me. The ones I have push flow downwards whilst drawing a nice vortex from the surface. I've tried and tested quite a bit of glassware over the years and i've found Cal Aqua to be my favorite, that doesn't mean it's the best, it just works for my requirements ie. pushes rising CO2 bubbles back down allowing more contact time with the water.

If you're local or happy to travel then i'll be more than happy to let you borrow some to test before you make the plunge....
C28A601A-C7E0-4CDB-93B7-0F492C73A900-2361-00000333841146E6.jpg

Now that is the table of a die hard hobbyist! :wideyed:
I bought the Tankscape ones and find that they do the same as Dan has just described. Draw a vortex from the top and push water downwards to the substrate increasing co2 bubble contact time :D I was surprised at the filter inlet glass as the cuts for water flow are limited and I did question whether it would restrict flow at all.....seems like it doesn't as when clean the G6 runs at optimal flow :thumbup:
Cheerio
Ady

Reminds me of an old science lab from school lol, after deliberation I'm going for the cal aquas efflux f3 one either end of the tank (120x45x45)aimed towards the front, like dans says what works for one might not work for the other but I think it's a good starting point and one I think in theory should work for me, only time and plants will tell, that's if my tank ever arrives :twisted: the makers shall remain nameless but never again

Cheers for all the input on this matter

Shaun

Dan, you must have a small fortune of Glassware there. I hope you dont own a Rottweiler to come in and trample on it all ! LOL. Is the Cal Aqua one you use an F3 version ? I am interested that you mention a vortex and I dont seem to get that with mine. Cheers.

Get the Efflux F3 for the front of the tank and gUSH oPipe 17 for the back (you'll save some extra quid), you don't need to push the water downwards there if you want the plants to grow vertically. Also don't point them both perpendicular to the front, the corners will have too much water flow comparing with the middle of the tank. Aim for a loop inside the tank, this is the correct setup with lily pipes especially if you plant to have hardscape in the middle. :)

Mike

Back