• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Large CO2 Reactor Advice please?

Notator

I have a 260 litre aquarium, currently running EFX600 (2,200L/ph) external filter, hydor inline heater and Up inline atomiser.

To get the CO2 levels up to high enough levels (aiming for lime-green on my 4Dkh/Methyl Blue indicator)...
I have run a high number of "bubbles per second" - I know a "bubble" is not a unit of measurement!
I get a good old fashioned MIST in the tank. (For MIST read - more like a bleeding fog!)

So, can anyone advise me please on a large, efficient reactor?
To dissolve all of the CO2 before it even enters the tank - the "mist" has been useful in sorting out distribution (I have a spray bar the runs the entire length of the tank...bubbles are everywhere) but I really hate the look of it - it looks like my fish live in lemonade.

PS - I've seen a few DIY articles on here - but I'm a DIY disaster area! So my options are purchase or commission someone!

Hi, if you really dont want to go down the diy route which is pretty easy once you know which parts, then id opt for either a sera 1000 reactor (which hardly has any flow reduction) and almost completely chops up all the co2, or their is the aqua medic reactor which is also as good but reduces the flow from the filter quite a lot. You can get a number of other reactors from german companies but I have never tried them.

It really is pretty straight forward to make your own though

Hi

I use a Dupla reactor similar to aquamedic one. Also tried other ways but realised reactors are best mixers. The decrease in flow is actually advantageous since it ensures a complete dissolution of gas (even air gets totally dissolved in mine).

Either you have a very high turnover filter (if using inline) so that 10X is satisfied with the reduced flow, or get a dedicsted pump only for the reactor. I have done the 2nd one since I can then control my flow with filter spraybars and independently ensure proper CO2 distribution.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Dont buy reactor from sera. I need turn the co2 5h before lights go on to have green DC and after few hours reactor get very loud.

Back