• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Koi's, plants and paintings??

zozo

Firstly who says Kois and plants don't go together?? Actualy if this is your oppinion and practice, you don't know what you're missing.

Funny we aquascapers talk about canvas and painting, take a look at this...

The ponds of Claude Oscar Monet? :)

This brings us back to the keeping fish in a bare tank / pond discussion
I much prefer plants in a pond even if it's just around the edges on marginal shelves, but a lot can be said for living in a warmer climate where there is no need for a deep pond where fish have to hibernate through a freezing winter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes indeed, even with a deep enough pond, colder climates also create a lot of bioload with all vegitation dying in winter time. That would take a lot of work to get it all out.. It likely also is a cultural thing, The difference between western style experiencing maintenance as a burden and aim for something maintenance free as possible. Or Eastern style experiencing it as a Zen and a reward.. I guess the ponds in the video's above realy look very natural, but definitely are regularly manicured by a hord of workers in wadding boots and nets.

Back