• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kitchen nano 35L

Hi there , looking nice.

I would suggest to avoid straight line of stones in the foreground, here’s an illustration ;

200407102838934705.jpg

cheers!

Hi there , looking nice.

I would suggest to avoid straight line of stones in the foreground, here’s an illustration ;

200407102838934705.jpg

cheers!

Really like that idea.

Looks way more natural! I will have a play next water change!

Really wish I hadn’t just planted it up with hydrocotyle verticillata

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree think will look better then but looks 10 times better with the smaller gravel at front , tank looking good and healthy though.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5980c2e8d3e325a3ab5a652268dbee43.jpg

Quick update.

Still haven’t cleaned my glassware. It’ll happen. Eventually.

Bought some Microsorum Pteropus trident and some hydrocotyle verticillata to add some details.

Microsorum Pteropus is too big and looks out of place, am I correct in thinking there is a mini sp. of the plant?

The hydrocotyle verticillata needs high light intensity so have upped the light by a few notches but conscious of algae appearing. I’ve been lucky this far to have minimal issues.

6a28d4cfad571ed0d35ad398bac3a81c.jpg

Also took cookies advice and moved the stones about to reduce straight lines! Think it looks a lot better! Maybe needs softening a bit more, will look at it for a few days before making any more changes.

Crypt wendiiti brown has a trim of the other leaves that were starting to get a bit tiered, the wendiiti green doesn’t seem
To be doing much, can’t remember them been a slow grower?

Not sure when to trim the stems, most are pretty established. The lower parts are looking a bit brown, maybe diatoms on them? Can’t hover it out in water changes as it pulls them out! So maybe a trim will do them good?

I wouldn’t up the light intensity to cater to a specific plant.
It’ll have to either live or die . Plants are quite adaptable except those rare cases.
Also if stems are brown on lower half just cut and replant the nice looking tops. Unfortunately it’s the way it is when light is blocked to reach down there and the water flow is not sufficient to bring co2 and nutrients to those areas.

M.Trident works great for smaller tanks too ;)

foreground is looking very nice, great job! :)

M.Trident works great for smaller tanks too ;)

foreground is looking very nice, great job! :)

This is m. Trident! Just think it looks to big and out of place, maybe I’ll cut the leaves back to the rhizome and see what the new growth looks like?

Yes ….. usually labelled Mini Java Fern!
http://[/QUOTE] I know there’s a m...nt sp.? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there’s a mini java fern, but is there a mini species of the trident sp.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Did you buy the scapers tank on its own or as a set? Just wondering what came with the bare tank.

Did you buy the scapers tank on its own or as a set? Just wondering what came with the bare tank.

I bought the tank on it’s own from pro shrimp as it’s just up the road from me!

Comes with a glass lid.

I didn’t want anything in the tank so bought everything separately from them, except the glassware and heater.

I bought the tank on it’s own from pro shrimp as it’s just up the road from me!
Thanks for the help. I've visited Pro Shrimp a few times and always found them really helpful. Unfortunately they only have Dennerle "sets" in at the minute. I guess once everything settles down, they'll have the tanks back in stock again.

Maybe spoke to soon. I hadn’t yet put the lights up, the only thing I’ve done differently is add hydrocotyle verticillata and a trident java.

Noticed the tank is slowly turning brown... diatoms?

2f0f5096aca20bfa6a51fab286712175.jpg

66779e37030211be46f021075f13c4b0.jpg

a864069d1e5a87232417b9afc1b11cdd.jpg

Any suggestions?

Yeah, diatoms. Nerites and Otocinclus munch it. Or just keep up with waterchanges and maintenance and it will eventually disappear.

Looks like you got staghorn on that last pic too. A thorough clean of tank and filter can help there, although it's a bastich to get completely rid of. Extreme measures include Excel/Easy-carbo, peroxide and rescapes :O

Back