• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kissing Gourami - a boo boo?

Vanish

Hi all
A couple of weeks ago I was in the fish shop, and had a sudden urge to buy some kissing gouramis. I have a reasonably large tank 360L, and yes I know these fish are labeled tank busters due to their huge size potential, well what can I say, we all have these hair brained moments.
Anyway does anyone here have experience with kissing gouramis in a planted tank? I ask as now I am finding information about these fish shredding plants etc. I am also having a bit of a daily replant session going on, I can't directly blame the gouramis as I've not caught the in the act yet but I have my suspicions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Several Kissing gouramis were part of the Asian exibition in the zoo, where I once worked. They inhabited a relatively small pond, and were a quite large size. Nowhere near the Giant gouramies, though (scary Bast...S, those !!)
Visitors loved them - they displayed their kissing behaviour a lot, and was a good story to tell. But yes; they were tough on plants in that pond.

"Tough on the plants", oh dear that's not what I need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back