• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kessil fan noise comparison

ChrisC

Seedling
I'm currently deciding between a A160WE or A360WE for a new 60x30x36 tank. I believe both are over-specced for my needs, however my greatest concern is noise. The tank will be only a couple of feet from where I work 40 hours a week so even a slight fan noise will be noticeable. Therefore I'm wondering whether the larger, more powerful A360WE may be a better choice than the A160WE, as I will be able to run it at a lower intensity.

Would a A360WE run quieter than an A160WE at equivalent "brightnesses"? Is the fan rate variable depending on intensity?

Cheers,
Chris

Aye my first thought was for one of the many Aquasky-esque designs but I'm not a fan of the look of them, I much prefer the "spotlight on a stick" aesthetic of the Kessils. The AI Hydra 26 seems like a comparable (albeit uglier) alternative but I'm finding it harder to get information on

The EcoTech Radion XR15 Freshwater maybe worth considering. The fan is pretty much whisper quiet, and it's probably one of the most programable LED lights on the market.

Would a A360WE run quieter than an A160WE at equivalent "brightnesses"? Is the fan rate variable depending on intensity?

Have four 160 myself. Yes fan varies on how hot it gets, think its based on how hot it gets not on the intensity setting. So in a cold room on max its fan is on a lower RPM than a warmer room. so think its thermal.

Would I buy them again - no, overpriced for what you get IMO, plus poor warranty for price. Had to RMA three of them.

I have a hunge that the Kessils are deprived from the LED studio light designs used in the more advanced photography and filming area.
The higher end design in this industry also come, dimmable and or with various white balance day light color settings. :) Looking into that you might find some good fanless alternatives.
digitaal-2x-statief-2x-softbox-octogonaal-1x-wrl99.jpg

Just mount it on something else than a tripod.

I have both Kessil A160 and Radion XR15FW - the radions are silent in comparison to the Kessil.

I have both Kessil A160 and Radion XR15FW - the radions are silent in comparison to the Kessil.
Indeed..... I have both the Kessil A160WE & Radion XR15FW........Radion is pretty noiseless!
The old version Kessil...A160 was slightly noisy...the new version is pretty quite!
hoggie

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/YONG...108.1000016.1.46cafdebHY66xU&isOrigTitle=true

:) I guess you need to be a bit handy to rebuild the power input plug.. After that you got a pretty nice light, adjustable in intensity and color between 3600k and 5500k

I think it's not a bad deal for that price.. Even if it only works a year or 2, that's a lot of fun for the money. Buy a beter one after that.. That's always my kind of thinking with buying fast developing techniques. Buy something 4 x more expensive to make it last 5 years, you ares stuck 4 years with old fashion technique.

Oh no!! the power jack is on the back i see now.. :thumbup:

Back