• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kessil A360X Tuna Sun faults

l1nd0gg

Hi all,

I wanted to ask how many people in the UK, have four or more Kessil A360X Tuna Suns all connected with the K-Link cables and Spectral Controller X?

The reason I ask, is because I have four all connected together with that controller, and have had nothing but trouble and faults. In 18 months, I’ve had one fail for a fan fault where the fan would get stuck on, it was replaced under warranty. Then, 6 months later, another issue with a different light, which seemed to be power related, the light would just flash quickly and not come back on. It was replaced under warranty.

Now I’m outside of the warranty period, and having the same power issue on the last remaining two.

It’s got so bad, I’m having to take the retailer to court over it to get my money back.

Be interesting to know who has a similar setup, and if they’ve had similar issues.

I’m also looking for an alternative, something that is powerful enough for a 2.5ft tall aquarium, and would get high lighting down as the substrate level, because I can’t wait to move away from Kessil.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards
Nathan, Manchester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to ask how many people in the UK, have four or more Kessil A360X Tuna Suns all connected with the K-Link cables and Spectral Controller X?
Have four 160 tuna suns
I’ve had one fail for a fan fault where the fan would get stuck on, it was replaced under warranty. Then, 6 months later, another issue with a different light,

Similar here had one maybe two replaced under warranty. Think taking the K-link cable out when power was on did the lights in. Been out of warranty for some time now

Have taken one apart and got it working again with a bit a luck no parts needed, One doesn't like it sometimes when the K-link cable has been removed/reinserted.

Back