• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keetchy's rescaped, 1st Iwagumi tank (Page 7)

Oh dear......what a difference :eek: I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake here. Lets hope the tank grows in to something nice like the previous scape 🤞

InShot_20200527_222353033.jpg

Hi,
the scape will change a lot when the plants grow in. It needs a bit of height but hopefully the stems will grow and create that element. It’s always good to try alternative scapes and design ideas and the elements which look harsh in this scape now will soften as the carpet grows and plants envelop the rocks.
Perhaps one thing to consider for the future is to add extra depth by sloping the substrate more heavily from front to back. This naturally creates a perspective but also allows you to raise hardscape at the rear to add height.
Will look forward to the plants filling in like your previous scape.
Cheerio,
Ady.

I agree with @Ady34 if the substrate was sloped it would have made the path look like it disappeared in to the distance giving the depth to the scape with the rocks higher either side still looks good its hard to get that balance in a bigger tank with an iwagumi

Hi,
the scape will change a lot when the plants grow in. It needs a bit of height but hopefully the stems will grow and create that element. It’s always good to try alternative scapes and design ideas and the elements which look harsh in this scape now will soften as the carpet grows and plants envelop the rocks.
Perhaps one thing to consider for the future is to add extra depth by sloping the substrate more heavily from front to back. This naturally creates a perspective but also allows you to raise hardscape at the rear to add height.
Will look forward to the plants filling in like your previous scape.
Cheerio,
Ady.

I agree with @Ady34 if the substrate was sloped it would have made the path look like it disappeared in to the distance giving the depth to the scape with the rocks higher either side still looks good its hard to get that balance in a bigger tank with an iwagumi

Thanks guys. Making it much higher at the back is a must but I was limited to the amount of substrate I had. I just used whatever came out of the previous scape. So definitely in the future, if I do Iwagumi again, I'll buy more substrate and also bigger rocks as again, I was limited to the size rocks I had. The piece on the right hand side is the biggest piece I had to offer 😕

I suggest adding a lot more MC! and a couple pots L sessiliflora (or similar fast growing stem plant) to help tank balance

I suggest adding a lot more MC! and a couple pots L sessiliflora (or similar fast growing stem plant) to help tank balance
Where would you put the Sessiliflora bud? The sections round the back and sides of the rocks are full up with other plants. Orange juice, H'ra, Acuarta, Palustris and 53B

I suggested the L sessiliflora as it can be left in the pots without apparent limitation on growth, making it easy to add/remove (you can balance it on rocks or place on the sand)

If the other stems are showing active and rapid growth, they may suffice

I suggested the L sessiliflora as it can be left in the pots without apparent limitation on growth, making it easy to add/remove (you can balance it on rocks or place on the sand)

If the other stems are showing active and rapid growth, they may suffice
Ah yeah I get ya now. I see George and the guys done that at the big showcase showdown thing they do each year, but got cancelled this year cause of the pandemic.

I can see new growth already on the Palustris, H'ra and Acuarta. Also I think I even see fresh green on the MC too

Back