• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keep it simple scape getting out of hand

MarcoB

Gday folks,

Need some tips and tricks from you guys how to make this scape even better. Don't hesitate to break it down completely :D
IMG_0486.jpg

:thumbdown:
I absolutely love the shades. I must be honest. On pics it's much darker as for real because of the high lux output of the bright sun's I always have to adjust the diafragma.
Fish love shady spots also. I have less stressy fish and those CMD lights give a very natural sun effect.

Im with Alastair. It looks cracking. And I love the shaded areas too. What is the plant behind the shoal of fish ? It looks like some kind of Hydrocotyle ?

yep. it looks great, like rays of sun bursting through the trees. how big is the tank? do you have space to make even more bright areas?

Thanks guys!

You're right. It's Hydrocotyle leucocephala. On the foreground H. tripartata.
If anyone want cuttings, no problem....

I'm considering to change the right side. Changing this tank is a bit hard. The natural growth of this tank makes it hard to change the scape easily. Specially the M. hirsuta, L. novazealandia and the H. tripartata are growing as one natural carpet. Not easy to rearrange.
The tank is 100x45x60 cm. Lighting: 4x36CDM (two display windows spots) with colors 830 and 824

Would love to see some more pics of it, maybe from outside the tank too to give an idea of scale ?

Here's a quickpic to give you an idea of the scale. Pics of the CDM's from the inside will follow. I don't have them available.
4c25887b.jpg

Hi all,
I absolutely love the shades. I must be honest. On pics it's much darker as for real because of the high lux output of the bright sun's I always have to adjust the diafragma. Fish love shady spots also. I have less stressy fish and those CMD lights give a very natural sun effect
I think it looks great, I'm sure you are right about the fish and I really like the way the shaft of light looks like it is sunlight in a wood.

cheers Darrel

Back