• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel heliolux

The Smart control arrived today and is DOA so will need to go back. It also seems very basic for what it is - I got similar functionally for free with the 5m WiFi led lights I bought from amazon for £15.

The Juwel light + controller was a really expensive purchase, really starting to doubt its value at the moment :(
I have the original version and I know what you mean. At the end of the day it is a timer and a dimmer, there isn't really a huge amount more it can do....

Mine had been really stable and I like the sunrise / sunset (no more fish jumping when the lights suddenly come on) and also having blue light so I can still get some view of the tank later in the evening. The only annoyance has been that I have to adjust the clock manually for daylight savings (I guess this will either be automatic or much easier as the new version is WiFi). The only thing I wish I could do easier is wack the lights on when needed (water change or when I want to check a fish that doesn't look right, I have to open th cabinet , grab the controller and start flocking through settings).

I have a cheaper two channel dimmer which is only a single day (IIRC you can set a different option everyday on the Juwel?) and the sunrise / sunset is 15 minutes or nothing.

Due to the way the lights are done I don't believe you can use a different controller/ dimmer and I am not sure if there are any other units which fit with the Juwel hood.

I think I paid £79 for my controller (which I thought was expensive) and I know the new one is even more but it does have a lot more features (WiFi, up to 16 different settings each day, being able to easily override the schedule, weather (you know you want it)).

Just a wee update, got the controller last weekend and I’m much happier now that’s its all set up :)

Back