• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel eccoflow 600

Kingfisher0101

Seedling
Hi guys new to this site and in need of help and advice,

I bought a replacement internal filter pump kit for my Juwel Rio 240lts. When new filter came I noticed that its flow rate is 600 lph were older model had 1000 lph. It says on the box that this pump will do up to 300 large tanks but why the difference from the old tank. Is there anybody that has had this issue as I have a planted tank and this may affect plants.

Regards Kingfisher0101

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 507
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 157
The latest datasheet for the Rio 240 says it comes with EccoFlow 600.

I fitted a 1000l/hr Juwel pump to my Vision 180 and whilst it did give greater flow, tended to end up completely compressing & blocking the filter material, leading to the impellor shaft wearing away and a lot of noise. This never happened to the 600l/hr versions.

I don't know why they have changed the pump but I don't think you will have any problems filtration wise. You can contact them JUWEL Aquarium | Contact | purchase online and they might be able to explain their reasoning.

Juwel tanks are great tanks and will literally last a lifetime but the filters can make keeping plants in the longer tanks harder because of the way the outflow works. Its not a problem that only juwel have and any filter with a small outflow jet can be hard to get water moving around the whole tank and this is why many people supliment the flow with a small powerhead (like a koralia) at the other side of the tank.

Hi Mort

ive had my juwel tank for say 10 yrs and it has been a great tank. I do have two extra pumps going on top off the Juwel one. One is a external canester filter and one is a fluval u3 filter which I mainly use for pushing around water along front of tank to help with movement of the co2 that is coming in at other end and plants seem to be doing better since I did this. And current is not to fast that the fish done like it👍

Hi ian_m

spoke to juwel in regards to it ye they have confirmed that they have changed them to the newer 600lph due to the fact that they found that to much water flow through media did not do the bacteria any good and reducing flow benefitted bacteria.

Hi all,
newer 600lph due to the fact that they found that to much water flow through media did not do the bacteria any good and reducing flow benefitted bacteria.
Bizarre. I was going to ask why they didn't just use more physically robust filter media, but my guess is that theirs isn't a complete answer, but one intended for "public consumption".

cheers Darrel

Back