• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel 180 - Jungle Style!

russchilds

Hi,
Here's my jungle stlye Juwel Vision 180L. I keep it fairly basic with just a 10% water change a week. Then once a month I clean the glass, filter, etc..

I'm running a Fluval 305 (with spray bar) as well as the Juwel Internal Filter. Co2 is set up for 1 bubble a second and the glass diffuser is placed under the external intake so the C02 goes through the filter. I also use Tropica plant nutrient+.

The Subrate is sand at the front and eco-complete.

018-2-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

028-1-1.jpg

019-Copy-2.jpg

All the Crypts are doing extremely well. The frogbit and Lily tend to block alot of light so a few plants are becoming a bit leggy. Just looking for any sugestions really on plants. The tank has been running since July.

Cheers! :D

Hi all,
I think it looks really good as well. Both the garden and all the tanks always end up "jungle style". I think every time I see a gap, I can't resist planting something in it. If I don't really have a gap, I put a bit of wood in and plant that instead.

That would be my only suggestion, some planted wood to give you a vertical dimension as well. Some of the thin Sumatra drift wood from AE? <http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/wood-sumatra-wood-c-414_11_238_349.html>, planted with moss? or moss and ferns?

cheers Darrel

Hi All,

Quick update! I had a big change around in March and here are the results. I've grown tenellus at the front left corner and its spreading nicley now. On the right side I've grown a mixture of flame, Christmas & Java Moss to create a carpet - the shrimp love this!! There's still alot of growing needed but I'm really enjopying this tank! :)

Cheers!
Russ :)

005-6.jpg

Looks lovely!

I'm not usually a fan of bowfront aquariums but you've executed a very pleasant layout. I particularly like the broad Java fern leaves - very refreshing to see when a lot 'scapes we see these days have narrow/needle varieties.

The moss and wood are excellent additions.

Thanks for sharing.

looks like a rampant paradise. Fish heaven i reckon.

very nice i am just about to start a vision 260 and hope it looks like that :D

Back