• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
very very nice love the layout with the rocks infront and woodhanging over and the sand all looks really nice looking forward to seeing it stocked :thumbup:

Dean

I have added the stock and they have settled in OK apart from I had 2 of the clown Killifish jump out on the first day they were added and unfortunately I was no in the room when it happened and lost them :( I put it down to stress because I drip acclimated them over 45 minutes and kept the lights off, but the weather has been really hot here and I have been battling to keep the temperature down which is sorted now as I have added a cooling fan which is working a treat.

Here's a quick full tank shot, The corys keep making a mess of the sand so please excuse the soil mixed up in the sand, I have a plan to fix this which I will do on my next water change.

ADA60P-FTS2307_zpsf1e55271.jpg

My Lampeye killies are super jumpers and do it for all sorts of reasons including at feeding time when they get really excited. I have a glass lid and the gap at the end has amazon floaters on the water underneath and haven't lost a single one since they went into the tank. Tis a bit weird hearing them ping off the glass though.

That looks great.

Thanks Anthony

Curious about the "plan". Removing them?

BTW, great looking tank!

Thanks, The plan is simple really (not 100% it will work but will try) Going to remove a little substrate by the rocks and add some smaller rocks in place as there is only 3 places they seem to be making a mess from. also once the plants have grown in I think it will be better.

Hi all,
Nice tank, I like Pseudepiplatys but they are great jumpers, and I don't think you will be able to keep them in the tank open topped.

cheers Darrel

Thanks, I am trying to work out the best way to keep it covered as the glass lid I have at the moment leaves about 3" gap at the side which is where the jumping took place. 1 option is acrylic but my issues with that is after time it warps from the humidity, or try and find some where I can get glass cut but also cut out some circles for the lilly pipes.

My Lampeye killies are super jumpers and do it for all sorts of reasons including at feeding time when they get really excited. I have a glass lid and the gap at the end has amazon floaters on the water underneath and haven't lost a single one since they went into the tank. Tis a bit weird hearing them ping off the glass though.

I would get some floating plants over the side of the tank where there is an opening in the glass lid but it would block out quite a bit of light.....I will think about it though as it is a good option.

Try covering the gap with a bit of card to see how much shade you get, you might be surprised how much light will come in from the side and floaters will let some light through the top too.

Hi Justin,
This is a really nice looking a aquascape.
Shame about the killis, they are lovely but are good jumpers. Could you not just cut a small slither of acrylic with notches jigsawed out to fit snugly around the lily pipes which just sits on top of your existing glass cover? Perhaps even some mesh sheeting much like that used for mosses etc would work also.
Cheerio
Ady.

Try covering the gap with a bit of card to see how much shade you get, you might be surprised how much light will come in from the side and floaters will let some light through the top too.

Your right, still lots of light was getting through very suprising.

Hi Justin,
This is a really nice looking a aquascape.
Shame about the killis, they are lovely but are good jumpers. Could you not just cut a small slither of acrylic with notches jigsawed out to fit snugly around the lily pipes which just sits on top of your existing glass cover? Perhaps even some mesh sheeting much like that used for mosses etc would work also.
Cheerio
Ady.

Thanks for the suggestion, At the moment I have left it but I am planing to get some acrylic cut to fit around the lily pipes but the only issue is it will bend after a few weeks.

Update:Tank growing in well!

The plants are growing very well! and I am so pleased with its progress so far. I am considering getting a pair of Apistogramma Cacatuoides Double Red but have not decided yet.

Here's my first video of the tank. Hope you enjoy!
(watch in HD 1080p, and give it a thumbs up if you like it)

Hi all,
I really recommend Apistogramma cacatuoides, but they don't get on very well with Corydoras. If they spawn this is a real problem, and they may kill the Corydoras. You can keep C. pygmaeus with Apistogramma as they are less bottom orientated and make a good dither.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,
I really recommend Apistogramma cacatuoides, but they don't get on very well with Corydoras. If they spawn this is a real problem, and they may kill the Corydoras. You can keep C. pygmaeus with Apistogramma as they are less bottom orientated and make a good dither.

cheers Darrel

Thanks for the suggestion Darrel, I was thinking about selling the Corys because they keep messing up my sand lol I have been looking at various Apistoramma for awhile now and think a pair would look nice.

Is it the double one with 2000+lumen as I have the single 1400lumen one and it doesn't look as bright as that

Back