• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just WoW!!

ourmanflint

Not sure if this has been posted before, but my jaw dropped looking at this gorgeous aquarium

sumida-2014-11.jpg

full set can be found here
http://aquascaping.floraquatic.com/2014/12/une-plongee-dans-la-nature-par-takashi-amano/

That looks cool. Mostly lowish maintenance plants too. Giving me lots of ideas of plant choices for my own tank.

A well balanced aqua scape IMO is not about difficult plants, but an overall natural feeling, thus easy/ low maintenance plants can make a beautiful tank without the need for fussy difficult plants.
Beginners, such as myself, should keep that in mind.

Here some more Youtube

Looks nice, i just keep wondering how many people potter around in it every night to keep it like this.

You think just like me ;) and if we add a photoshop or studio to work the pictures and so on... probably my tank will look a lot greater ah ah ah :)
Amano... is seeing to believe it!

Thanks for the videos Martin! Looks like they changed fish at some point, or are those still bosemanni rainbows?
I think the backlighting is genius, really adds to the feeling of being underwater looking up.

It must take some skill to use those tools - I find it hard enough using normal tweezers without extensions!

Yes I thought that was very interesting. I'm guessing it helps get water circulation down to the lower levels of the tank..... Of course the ADA guys might just be playing with us and altering things for the camera!
I don't think they altered it, cause I've seen it in other video's before, just not as clear as in this one.

I guess if you have a large turnover and you can deliver optimal fresh water (nutrients and CO2) to the tank, circulation becomes less of a problem (like if they turnover the full tankvolume 2-3 times an hour and replace it with water out of a huge filtration system, very clean and optimal prepared).

All is revealed... a long night for two it seems

That's a bonkers amount of work...makes me feel guilty - haven't been on top of my tank maintenance recently...

and next year an even bigger one...in Portugal

20141125_visual.jpg

The Nature Aquarium Gallery is currently closed until the end of March, 2015.The gallery is closed due to the preparation of the aquatic plants that will be used for the Lisbon Oceanarium project - creating the world's largest
Nature Aquarium, scheduled around the end of January 2015.

We apologize to those who had a plan to visit the gallery during the period.
Your understanding is very much appreciated.

Back