• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just how much C02 do you use!

My 30l cube is running 5- 6 bps and im using 2kg every 12 weeks if I had less surface movement im sure I could lower bps and maybe double the 12 weeks but I would rarther use more gas and know everything is happy

This is how long the 5 off 2Kg FE's on a 180litre tank have lasted me. Spot the times when I had a leak !!!
  1. 255 days
  2. 137 days
  3. 60 days
  4. 23 days
  5. 98 days
No.1. bubble rate was possibly too low.
No.2. Better
No.3. Bubble counter plastic "crazed" and cracked.
No.4. Leak from disintegrated locking nuts on JBL bubble counter.
No.5. Leak from one way valve.

I weigh mine (cheap £9 set of digital scale from Argos) and start at 5.8Kg when full (+regulator attached) obviously dropping to 3.8KG when empty.

This is how long the 5 off 2Kg FE's on a 180litre tank have lasted me. Spot the times when I had a leak !!!
  1. 255 days
  2. 137 days
  3. 60 days
  4. 23 days
  5. 98 days
No.1. bubble rate was possibly too low.

No.2. Better
No.3. Bubble counter plastic "crazed" and cracked.
No.4. Leak from disintegrated locking nuts on JBL bubble counter.
No.5. Leak from one way valve.

I weigh mine (cheap £9 set of digital scale from Argos) and start at 5.8Kg when full (+regulator attached) obviously dropping to 3.8KG when empty.

might sound funny, but how did you find the leaky section?

cheers

Bloody hell. I'm using a BOC 5kg cylinder with gas on for 6 hours a day at a bubble rate faster than I can count. This going into a reactor chamber.

I started using this very beginning of January. It's still going strong!

Drop checker is always lime green :)

Forgot to say, it's a 180L tank.

might sound funny, but how did you find the leaky section?
Water and fair liquid where CO2 pipe leaves regulator and enters diffuser and having pipes long enough to be able to dunk bubble counter and one way valve in a jug of water.

My 3.5kg cylinder has lasted me a year and a half and is still going strong on a 125lt at around 4bps for 10hrs a day ! To think I almost gave it for refilling last Christmas cos my cylinder guy was going to be closed for a week and the cylinder felt quite light and almost empty ! That would have been 10 months of gas down the drain !!.

But to even it out my old 2kg FE and reg were so crappy they barely lasted 2 weeks to a month and a half tops on my 60 lt and later on the 125lt too. This was after sealing all the leaks I could find too.

So yeah Karma... things even out and all that

My 3.5kg cylinder has lasted me a year and a half and is still going strong on a 125lt at around 4bps for 10hrs a day ! To think I almost gave it for refilling last Christmas cos my cylinder guy was going to be closed for a week and the cylinder felt quite light and almost empty ! That would have been 10 months of gas down the drain !!.

But to even it out my old 2kg FE and reg were so crappy they barely lasted 2 weeks to a month and a half tops on my 60 lt and later on the 125lt too. This was after sealing all the leaks I could find too.

So yeah Karma... things even out and all that

How are you diffusing this ??
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2kg bottle, 9 weeks on 250l tank via inline boyu diffuser.
Short photoperiod/injection period during this start up phase....maybe 7hrs gas on per day with good surface agitation.

Same as Ady34, 2kg fire extinguisher takes around 2-3 months on a 300L tank with inline Up! Aqua diffuser. I didn't really count the bps but its about 4-6 bps.

Back