• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just a confirming EI dose Q

andy198712

Hi,

So i'm switching from brought liquid ferts and liquid CO2 over to EI.

its a low tech 200l with a fairly healthy plant mass (pic tomorrow)

on the aquarium plant food site, it says to cut the DOSE by 1 third for low tech.

so for high tech it says:
Dosing:

Macro 3x a week. (10ml per 50ltr of Aquarium water)
Micro 3x a week. (10ml per 50ltr of Aquarium water)

which for me would be 40mls of each 3 times a week (guessing alternate days and a water change day on sunday)

NOW to third the DOSE, would i just dose 40mls of each once a week?
OR
dose 3 times a week of each but only add say 10-15mls (roughly a third given the accuracy of the bottles) again, on alternate days.

all of this is with the stock recipe as per the website?
and should i just stop the liquid ferts and start the dry the next day or blend it over a week ect?

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Andy

So i'm switching from brought liquid ferts and liquid CO2 over to EI.

its a low tech 200l with a fairly healthy plant mass (pic tomorrow)
Hello,
This is a bit unclear. Are you switching from liquid CO2 in favor of gaseous CO2 or do you intend to continue with liquid CO2? Low tech refers to zero CO2 addition. Using liquid CO2 equals high tech, so I don't understand the intent to use thirds.
In any case, I don't see any need to do any blending or any other strategy. Just start dosing the powders directly.

Cheers,

Hello,
This is a bit unclear. Are you switching from liquid CO2 in favor of gaseous CO2 or do you intend to continue with liquid CO2? Low tech refers to zero CO2 addition. Using liquid CO2 equals high tech, so I don't understand the intent to use thirds.
In any case, I don't see any need to do any blending or any other strategy. Just start dosing the powders directly.

Cheers,
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, ah! Honestly I thought low tech was no CO2 injection just liquids. My mistake :)

But yes I intend to keep using easy carbo liquid co2, so you think start at normal dose levels ?

Apologies if this should be moved

Cheers
Andy

Back