• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jurassic Valley 270L (oddn0ise)

Am going to re-use lots of Anubias Barteri and various Crypts including Crispatula and Wendtii from previous set-up.

270L braced tank - Eheim Professional 3 - 350 filter with Eheim pre-filter
2L JBL CO2 system with Sera diffuser (CO2 from London Gases)
AquaRay LED tiles x 2 (2pm fade up - 9pm fade down) and 1 x 36inch T8 tube for 2 hours only

ADA Power Sand, Amazonia soil, Amazonia powder, ADA Tourmaline, ADA Bottom Plus, and ADA Bacter 100
25Kg Millennium Stone
Various pieces of river wood

After my first trip to the inspirational Aquarium Gardens, I ended up with this layout in the shop.

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 00.11.33.png

I under ordered the soil and am now awaiting one more 9L bag and some extra rock too.

But the wood is now glued in place and my selection of plants are on order. Various bits of lead and rock are loosely in place as still scared the wood will float.

Title: Jurassic Valley
IMG_0831.jpg

I like the area of negative space for the valley. What were you planning for planting? some vallisneria or Crinum sp towards the sides would look good.

I was originally thinking Vallis, but it doesn't get much love these days, so am trying the Montevidensis and my original Cryptocoryne Crispatula. We'll see how this goes...

Plants should arrive soon, am keen to get going...

still juggling with the Ammonia levels, so no return for the fish just yet.

Biggest innovation for me has been using glue for the first time. JBL Pro Haru for the hardscape, and Seachem Flourish for the plants, both have been a revelation...

Fair bit of damage from Anubias melt, but everything seems to be recovering. Added a couple more Buces and got some Seachem Flourish Glue which is great for attaching the plants.
The Rotala looks to be settling in already.
Fish Tank 2021_6 weeks in.png

Last edited:
Back