• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jungle Style at 28C

FishWorks

Hi All,

I just made a jungle style layout draft.

Scan_20211008.jpg

Aquarium dimensions are 6' x 1.5' x 1.5'
CO2 gas injected, ADA Amazonia Substrate, EI fertilization. Temperature 28C or 82F

Plants are:
Water Wisteria
Echinodorus Indian Red
Java Moss
Anubias Nana
Cryptocoryne Beckettii
Echinodorus Osiris
Micranthemum Monte Carlo

My concerns are:
1) Will these plants grow lush at 28C?
I am particularly concerned with the Monte Carlo at this temperature.
The temperature is because I want tropical fish like Boesemani Rainbows.

2) I would be very happy to accept suggestions on layout to improve aesthetics.(Swap out plants, move things, etc.)

Last edited:
The temperature is because I want tropical fish like Boesemani Rainbows
Can't help with layout but looks good too me.. Boesemani rainbows don't really need those high temps, they will be fine at 25.5 c.

Last edited:
The temperature is because I want tropical fish like Boesemani Rainbows.
Bosemanis will be pretty happy at 24/25 degrees. Any other species you’re particularly interested in? Only ones I can think off the top of my head that really ‘need’ warm temperatures are rams and discus.

Cheers

Bosemanis will be pretty happy at 24/25 degrees. Any other species you’re particularly interested in? Only ones I can think off the top of my head that really ‘need’ warm temperatures are rams and discus.

Cheers
Alright, I think I will go with 25C for the Boesemanis.
I am also interested in Banded Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia trifasciata).
I think the Banded Rainbows and Boesmani Rainbows look good together in the planned jungle tank.

Back