• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Jungle pond project...

It's kind of a Jungle ...haven't paid alot of attention this year, seen a heron about occasionally. Also had a massive problem with ulcers on the goldfish last summer, didn't matter what I treated...salt, medication, water changes...
Positive side I noticed a couple of Rainbow Shiner fry a month or so ago. So four years on Rainbow Shiners work in ponds in middle England. I think having a running stream may be a factor for breeding...well that where the orgy is at anyway.
@DeepMetropolis yes they survive, some of the alocasia need mulching, they come up late in June/ early July so quite slow to recover from Winter.
IMG_20210721_121011.jpg

It's kind of a Jungle ...haven't paid alot of attention this year, seen a heron about occasionally. Also had a massive problem with ulcers on the goldfish last summer, didn't matter what I treated...salt, medication, water changes...
Positive side I noticed a couple of Rainbow Shiner fry a month or so ago. So four years on Rainbow Shiners work in ponds in middle England. I think having a running stream may be a factor for breeding...well that where the orgy is at anyway.
@DeepMetropolis yes they survive, some of the alocasia need mulching, they come up late in June/ early July so quite slow to recover from Winter.
View attachment 172137
Is that Gunnera Manicata?

I'm only just seeing this journal for the first time and I love it! Jungle? Yes please. Pond? Yes please! Jungle Pond?! It's a yes from me.

Edit: According to my likes I have seen this before 😂 I just have a terrible memory.

Is that Gunnera Manicata?

I'm only just seeing this journal for the first time and I love it! Jungle? Yes please. Pond? Yes please! Jungle Pond?! It's a yes from me.

Edit: According to my likes I have seen this before 😂 I just have a terrible memory.
Yes it is Gunnera, but not Manicata. It's tinctoria which is what most plants sold as Manicata actually are. A more manageable 5-6ft high. Manicata grow huge! 😁

Back