• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jungle in a glass box

FrozenShivers

I ordered a new tank a few weeks ago that is currently being made, it is 120x50x50cm (300litres), this will be my largest tank yet. I have also ordered parts to make an aluminium stand, I need to figure out how I want to skin it also. This is early days but I thought I would start a journal for it so I can get some feedback from you all as always, my favourite tank that I have is my 90cm jungle tank. Project Unknown. This tank is most likely going to also be a jungle tank, I would like to use lots of echinodorus and crypts. Unsure of scape yet, no doubt plants will cover most of it :cyclops:. Lighting wise I am still unsure, I can always chuck my Chihiros WGB II Slim 90cm on it until I figure it out if required. I will be injecting CO2 but not at high levels, I want the tank to be fairly low maintenance like my current 90cm is.

Filtration wise I will see how I get on with the Biomaster 850 & 250, I suspect the 250 won't do very much though and I may need to source a 850 head unit. I have ordered Viv Aqua's new shameless copy of the updated ADA metal jet/intake pipes, I want to try metal pipes as I hate cleaning mines, the jet style may help with the flow reaching the other end of the tank as a bonus! I'm also looking at Chihiros solid grey silicone tubing (again, to lower maintenance), if anyone has a cheaper alternative by someone else please let me know. Each filter will have inline CO2, although I may try a reactor for the first time. I will be doing a dark start once I get everything in place.

Aquarium - 120x50x50 12mm Optiwhite.
CO2 - Strideways Pro Plus & Manifold.
Lighting - Chihiros WRGB Slim 90.
Filter & Heater - Oase Biomaster Thermo 850 & Oase Biomaster Thermo 250.
Plants - Jungly.
Hardscape - TBC.
Controller - Nicrew temperature controller.
Sand - TBC.
Substrate - TBC.

Last edited:
Back