• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l CLOSEING down today 1st May

chilled84

Took me 8hours start to finish and weeks of planning, hope you all like this, I used all my stuff from my old tank and some new stuff too, ill exsplain more soon, here is the pics for now. Thoughts welcome. :D
After finding the correct size tank, decided i was going to need something strounger for this tank. Found myself a unit for just over a hundred that was only 1 inch bigger in all directions on the top, PERFECT! After building i was amazed to how nice it looked, What a start!
new1l.jpg

After slideing my old setup aside i placed the unit in its new home and with help i placed the new tank on neopreme onto the top of the unit. You can see the size difference between the two,

Next i started the dredded part of tareing down the old setup. I wanted to keep all my plants and substrate so i seperated the top gravel very carefully and placed that into a bucket and then scraped up the eco complete that was left and placed that into another bucket, as for plants and fish. The large plants went into the holding tank with the fish, nice a snug. And the small delicate plants went into pots and tubs.
new12d.jpg

I then placed my hardscape within the tank and then got my new buckets of echo complete, three bucketsof the biggest ones i could get, and mixed that with my old eco complete as it was only 4 months old and had plenty of nutrients within. I then placed that into the tank and smoothed equaly all over as i want a full plated and carpeted setup. I then did the same for my topping gravel.
new13s.jpg

new14f.jpg

new17.jpg

new110.jpg

As you can see i have gone for an open middle scape as i want to see the fish swim betweens zones left and right. Overall im very happy, even thou it took forever to fill, But its well worth it. :D
new121.jpg

Ideas welcome.
TODAYS PICS
nicepic.jpg

nicepic2.jpg

nicepic3.jpg

nov, 09, 2009
rearanged right hand side tonight as it just wasnt working out for me. Going to see how it grows in now. fingers crossed that flow is alot better than what it was before.
1002558r.jpg
:thumbup:

Re: Journal 2 day 2. Finaly, 4ft 238l tank

trust me, it is all down hill! steves right, i started with a 120L, then went to 240L and now a bigger one is 'curing' courtesy of Aquariums ltd. It starts getting really expensive when substrate alone is costing over £100 :lol:
all this for some fish eh? :D

Cracking cabinet mate. I have the same. Tank looks cool too. :D

Nick16 said:
trust me, it is all down hill! steves right, i started with a 120L, then went to 240L and now a bigger one is 'curing' courtesy of Aquariums ltd. It starts getting really expensive when substrate alone is costing over £100 :lol:
all this for some fish eh? :D
If you care about your hobby its worth every penny, its not just fish to me, its an amazing piece of nature in my home, not just fish. :D

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l tank updated. MORE PICS TODAY

252 views and only six comments, three ov wich are mine. Thats not realy the kind of advice or thoughts i wanted, :(
Either my tank is perfect and impossible to give advice or thoughts on,(I VERY MUCH DOUBT) Or there is no real interest in my journal. :shifty: :thumbdown:

hey chill my friend :D it's just one of those things....

i'm quit liking the rearrangement. the wood looks gumi esque actually, but with wood.

Chill indeed :D

1002558r.jpg

For me the wood on the right is a bit big and heavy when compared to the left. The arrangement is all very nice though.

I would have to agree, i did want so manzi realy, but could not source any for cheap. it is rather large compared to left, may have to sort that, hopefully i can sourch some nice manzy for both left and right. :D

I would also have to agree that the aquascape is slightly 'top heavy' to the right (left heavy? :lol:) if that makes sense which takes away from the scale a little that the left side has provided but it still looks great and should be fun seeing how it progresses. :)

1002589w.jpg

Thanks to adandrews i managed to get some hair grass, Spent hours sorting as you can see, Thanks Adandrews. Cant waite to plant these into my scape. Maybe ill have that carpet i have dreamed about since starting aquarium keeping.

Thanks again Adandrews. :D

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l tank updated Nov 17

Its defo worth the time splitting it all. I hope it takes off rapidly and covers the areas i want nicely. I have to agree that once i started it, I kinda enjoyed seperateing the clump. It was very relaxing if i may say. Going to start planting tonight as i have had no time lately to do anything, Not even had enought time to post the frogbit i promised. Will send that all out to the people waiting tomo with extra frogbit as a sorry for lateness.

Cant waite to see this planted. Until i get a presurised co2 setup, Lowtec and easy plants will have to do. Althou I must say im not doing bad without it. :D

I just hope i have enought lol.

Back