• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

John starkey 450lts 112g journal new pics 10/5/2009

Make sure you get ones that come from Holland, Germany or Czech. The ones from the middle east are poor quality and don't last.

Fred Dulley said:
Make sure you get ones that come from Holland, Germany or Czech. The ones from the middle east are poor quality and don't last.

Thanks Fred, can the origin be determined by markings?

No. You just have to ask and trust the shop where the Rams came from. Most Maidenhead aquatics will be more than happy to oblige.

Hey Guys thanks for finding my journal,i looked for it on sunday and gave up after 30mins, :lol:
regards john.

ps: at the weekend i will do a indepth write up about my journey and thoughts with this setup as it was my first planted tank.

Hi John
john starkey said:
ps: at the weekend i will do a indepth write up about my journey and thoughts with this setup as it was my first planted tank
If this was your first attempt at a planted tank, I'd hate to see it when you get more experience :lol: .
To give it a go with such a big tank must have been daunting at the start.
Hats off to you, you've done a great job :D

Chris

This was taken with my i-phone yesterday,
IMG_0249.jpg

regards john.

saintly said:
:p (wolf whistle) wit woo john.

me loves it! the crypts are rather special.

Cheers mark,i had just trimmed the rotala green as well,i am doing water changes every three weeks at the moment and its not making any diff at all to tank condition,
regards john.

whats the back plant forming the 'wall'. its looking like a thinner version of vallis, but much much more attractive.

Nick16 said:
whats the back plant forming the 'wall'. its looking like a thinner version of vallis, but much much more attractive.
Hi nick
it's Cyprus heferi grows like a weed,when I strip the tank down in the spring all the plants will be put in the for sale section,
regards john.

john starkey said:
This was taken with my i-phone yesterday,
IMG_0249.jpg

regards john.

That's a pretty good shot for an i-phone.

Your plants look happy too. I haven't seen anybody use C. helferi in a layout in some time and yours is beautiful.

Nick16 said:
how tall has it grown for you? it might prove somethng to fill a gap i have!

Hi Nick,the tank is 60cm tall and the c,helferi must be at least 90cm long,
regards john.

Back