• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL v002 solenoid fitting issue

Pinkmummy79

Hi, I have just received my new jbl m001 reg and v002 solenoid. I'm having difficulty attaching the two directly together. Following the instructions, I have successfully removed the hose connection on the input side of the solenoid but cannot remove the same from the regulator, no matter how hard I apply pressure with a 13mm spanner the hose connection on the m001 reg is just not moving, I've tried wd40 too.
if anyone has these two items and can offer any suggestions as to putting them together I'd be grateful as I'm starting to pull my remaining hair out:-/
thanks
Clive and Fran

Hi Clive/Fran
I prefer my solenoid to be separate from the regulator valve, there is advantages.
I would just attach a piece of stiff Co2 hose....to link up the Reg/Solenoid.
Both my regulators have unattached solenoid valves.
Your solenoid may have come with a bracket....to screw/attach to something.
hoggie

Hi Hoggie,

thanks for your reply, yes I presumed this would be my route as i'm having no luck in removing the nut from the regulator, it seems fixed to me. This method with the short length of c02 tube is good then yep? only asking as not used it before, my previous regs have all had the solenoid attached.
what are the advantages you hint at?
2 or 3 inches about right you reckon, I'll have a go at this tonight when home.
thanks.

Hi
Advantages are if the solenoid malfunctions you can still run the regulator manually.
Plus you can replace the solenoid for about £25.00.
Length of Co2 tubing doesn't matter I usually have enough to place it in a position that the Solenoid connections are easily accessed.
Saying that you should use two non - return valves/check valves.
There are other advantages....but i wont go into them at the moment.
Reg>Co2 tubing>Check Valve>Co2 tubing>Solenoid>Co2 tubing>Check Valve.......soft flex Co2 tubing if using Glass ware.....Glass Diffuser.
Reg>Co2 tubing>Check Valve>Co2 tubing>Solenoid>Co2 tubing>Check Valve........Co2 tubing......UP atomiser.

Use Stiff Co2 tubing only....... unless mentioned.
Cheers
hoggie

That's great many thanks, I'll be ordering spare check valves before I change my reg and up inline atomiser.
thanks hoggie

Back