• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL Reg Fault m001

G H Nelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi gang at ukaps
I tried to turn on my C02 cylinder and it vented through the excess pressure safety valve.
It has not been in use for a few weeks,the regulator was still attached to the cylinder.
Have i a major fault with either?This is a new regulator it was okay a few weeks ago.
Any help would be appreciated.
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Hi gang at ukaps
I tried to turn on my C02 cylinder and it vented through the excess pressure safety valve.
It has not been in use for a few weeks,the regulator was still attached to the cylinder.
Have i a major fault with either?This is a new regulator it was okay a few weeks ago.
Any help would be appreciated.
hoggie

Hoggie

Did the above happen when you slowly turn on the co2, mine did the same the other week after I had fitted a refilled bottle, My initial thoughts were that "how come this did not happen previously" - so I opened the tap quickly, some gas vented then stopped, I look at the gauge and it was reading slightly above the normal reading of 55bar when full, it was only a few bar above the 55 bar mark, I can only assume that when the bottle was refilled a greater quantity of gas was added when which give me a high bar presure to which the regulator did not like is it vent some gas.

Hope this helps

Regards
paul.

Hi Paul
No it was 3/4 full of Co2.
I opened up the cylinder and wooosh straight out the safety valve.
Tried again same thing happened JBL aaaaaaaaargh.
Maybe its the cylinder too much pressure.
Cheers anyway.
Does anyone know a company that can check regulators.
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Hi Paul
No it was 3/4 full of Co2.
I opened up the cylinder and wooosh straight out the safety valve.
Tried again same thing happened JBL aaaaaaaaargh.
Maybe its the cylinder too much pressure.
Cheers anyway.
Does anyone know a company that can check regulators.
hoggie

Im not very clued up on the co2 setup to be honest as i just plug and play as such. I read the manual when i set mine up and have never had to look any further into the workings or even how it works, All i know is how to attach bottle turn valve, adjust bubbles an read dial, But if i was to hazard a guess, I would say blockage in the needle valve. But thats a guess :crazy:

If it is new it must be under some form of warranty. I think jbl give two or three years on their products. If you take it back to the shop the may be able to test it on another bottle for you and swap it out or can explain your options

Hi
This is the second reg that's went faulty,they replaced the last one that had a needle valve that didn't work, with this one.
I may try it on another cylinder to see what happens.
Thanks for the replies guys.
hoggie

Ajm
Yes that's correct.
Its going back to jbl if i don't get it working.
Ive got a e-mail address somewhere to contact them if need be.
Cheers again
hoggie

Back