• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL gas cylinder connection

bern

Seedling
Hi,

I'm considering buying your Premium Complete Aquarium CO2 System for tank up to 500L.

Would I be able to use a refillable JBL cylinder (available at my LFS) with this system? Will I need any adaptors?

Thanks in advance

Bern

Depends what sort of regulator comes with that 'complete system'. Standard refillable bottles in the UK have a thread size standardised and called DIN 477. If your JBL cylinder has a DIN 477 thread then a regulator should fit on to it if it is also DIN 477. I hope that makes sense? Without knowing the manufacturer/brand of the complete system you are thinking of buying then we can't offer much help or guidance.

I think there is some confusion here.

The regulator you are looking at will fit fire extinguishers and refillable cylinders (including JBL).

If you want to use disposable cylinders you will need the adaptor that Miroslav linked to.

I have the old JBL regs,with green dials,and they fit onto FE's.So if their reg's fit FE's,they should fit JBL cylinders.
Hope that's not too confusing :lol:.

Hello,

I think there is some confusion here.

The regulator you are looking at will fit fire extinguishers and refillable cylinders (including JBL).

If you want to use disposable cylinders you will need the adaptor that Miroslav linked to.

Thank you very much yes this is correct. I am sorry I misunderstand you.

why waste your money on a jbl cylinder and expensive refills?
Just use a fe or a 6kg cylinder, they are not that hard to get hold of

Yes this is also correct their cylinders are very expensive £200 for 2Kg cylinder Ooooo :O

Thanks Miroslav and John S. This is exactly what I needed to know. Wasn't sure if the JBL refillable cylinders had a DIN477.

Back