• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL filter leaking

Marios

Hi all and Happy New Year.

I've purchased a JBL filter e902 back in March 2022. Recently the filter has been leaking when I turn it on. It is not very much but overnight it accumulates a substantial amount of water underneath (I have placed a tray beneath it, see attached picture). I am not very sure from where the water is leaking but when I open the filter pump head after it has been running, a lot of water is coming out from the circled parts shown in my attached picture, which I believe is not normal because I have another JBL filter e1502 and I am under the impression that it does not do that. I've also removed the pump head seal and placed it again after cleaning it (this was done twice and another time after I applied some silicone grease). I also removed the basket trays and placed them again inside to make sure that they sit perfectly on each other but the filter is still leaking.

This is a link ( ) of a video of me opening the filter after it has been running for 10-15 minutes.

I have tried contacting JBL and their reply was that I contact the place I've purchased the product, which I did.

The seller’s response was the following:

"Thank you for your email. We think that there is a problem with the seal in the pump head: CP Seal Pump Head E e4/7/900
Have you taken it out and cleaned it? Please try. If this does not help, than please purchase a replacement seal. The seal of the pump head often wear out after a while - therefore they are also not included in our legal warranty terms.
Please let me know how you get on with cleaning the seal."

However, I do not think that the leak is related to the specific seal that they are referring to, but again I may be wrong. If you observe closely the video, the water is leaking from the pump head and to be more precise, the grey holes circled in my first attachment, which makes me believe the leak is somewhere inside the pump head.

Your thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Marios

Attachments

• 80112.jpg
    80112.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 102
  • B54C9F10-BDC6-454D-8D59-69CEA656EA16_1_102_o.jpeg
    B54C9F10-BDC6-454D-8D59-69CEA656EA16_1_102_o.jpeg
    593.9 KB · Views: 60
I have an E1501 and have occasionally had a similar leak.
The problem has always been with the on/off valves, either something stopping them seating properly or build up on the ball surface and seating. I stripped and cleaned the valve surfaces and applied silicone grease to the valves and seals .
If they leak or weep it all goes into the head and finds the easiest route out.
Using a prefilter definitely seems to help.

Cheers
John

Hi John and thank you for your reply.

When you say on/off valves, are you referring to these?
s-l500.jpg

Yes, if you look up the pipes you can see the ball valves. You can expose them by removing the screws. Clean and grease. Check the ports that they slide into for grit or debris that might stop them seating properly then give them a bit of grease as well.
Hope it works

Back