• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Java ferns and moss

RudeDogg1

Does java moss have to be tied down perminantly or does it attach after a while?

And most my philapean sp? java ferns (which they are ment to be but I think they are just the normal ones) have plantlets on most their leafs. Do these just drop off when ready or are you ment to do something?

Java moss will indeed attach itself to wood/rough stone after a while.

When a Java fern produces a lot of plantlets, it can be a sign that things aren't quite right. It will generally produce them anyway though. It's best to remove plantlets, as the mother plant will be diverting energy into creating them.

Nope, not in this case, it's a triggering of a survival mechanism, if you're big you need lots of energy to survive and if the environments not to your liking it's best to make yourself small and dispersible to colonise somewhere better.

could of been due to me dosing the recomended amount of TPN+ instead of trippling which i was told to do yesturday so hopefully that will sort it out

Back