• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James' new ADA 60-P ... New photos

Yeah, I was looking for opaque pipe, but the best I could find was the grey JBL. Try typing 'Dirty pipes' into google, you mind find it. ;)

Well, this one's finished now, I've stripped it all out at the weekend. I've enjoyed doing it though, it's been a good learning experience.

I thought this was a lovely tank congrats mate. Look forward to seeing what's next

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Cheers fellas. Actually the new one is already done, I just need to adjust a couple of things and I'll post it up.
:)

Here's a really crappy photo of my new hardscape, basically it's an upgraded version of the older one. Although I wanted more rocks in there I didn't want it to look like a miniature copy of an actual landscape / mountainscape (or diorama). I'm struggling to express what I mean but it's supposed to look like a small slice of nature (albeit a stylized slice) at the same scale.

20rb.jpg

My time was rather limited over the weekend so I had to get the water, plants and livestock back in the tank as soon as possible - hence the plants are not exactly how I want them, I'm going to let everything settle down for a week or two and have a long hard think about how I want it to end up before I replant though. I'm keeping the hairgrass where it is so I'll let that get it roots down a bit before I start poking around. I have added some mosses (tied to movable stones) but they aren't in their final positions yet either.

I also took advantage of the Green Machine sale and got hold of 10 half-price Green Neon Tetras which really glitter against the rocks. When I went to check them in their holding tank on sunday morning I was shocked to find there were only 5 left! After giving the cat a stern blahblahblahblahblahblahblahing I decided to investigate a bit more and found them all alive and well inside my Eheim filter - the cap had fallen of the intake pipe, they all seem to be none the worse for it though luckily.

Here's a slightly better pic...

p34c.jpg

I've still got a lot of work to do with my planting.

I'm thinking of getting a few larger fish in there as the tetras look pretty dwarfed by the rocks, I've been brainwashed into having a single shoal 'Amano' style but I'm not convinced it's really the best idea for me (it depends what your trying to achieve I suppose).

Has any one got any ideas what fish might look good in there?

sorry for late reply but just read right through again as already ready beginning but great tank mate looks great, like the new layout a lot a great improvement hope everything going well mate any updates ?

Cheers Dean, I've made a few changes since those photos and it's looking a bit better, haven't taken any photos as yet though, I'm waiting for it to grow in a bit! :)

well hurry up wanna see some update pics ;)

give me some inspiration lol what lighting and filter you using and what's you cleaning dosing regime ?

Thanks dean

Has any one got any ideas what fish might look good in there?

James, i've seen quite a lot of people with, and have some myself, Black Phantom Tetras. I've had most of mine a year now and they're no bigger than 3.5cm but nicely deep bodied. Very interesting displays they put on and do shoal nicely with 5/6 fish. Not expensive, very hardy and entertaining when they flutter against each other. I'd say get one male to 3 females. The females have a smaller dorsal and red on their fins. Girls only will display (i had 5 females to start with), but the males swim circles around the females when in together. Really like mine and change from the neons etc...

:)

well hurry up wanna see some update pics ;)

give me some inspiration lol what lighting and filter you using and what's you cleaning dosing regime ?

I'm sure there's better places for inspiration than my tank mate :) .

I was using a fluval 105 and an Eheim Ecco200 together but last week I took the fluval out to see how the Eheim coped on it's own, it seem to be doing ok as I've got an Eheim skimmer for a bit of extra flow.

My lighting is a cheapy chinese LED (see the first page) that seems to do the job, I get fairly slow growth but it seems I don't get all the problems associated with some of these high powered LEDS, the balance seems to be about right (touch wood!).

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm EI dosing!

James, i've seen quite a lot of people with, and have some myself, Black Phantom Tetras. I've had most of mine a year now and they're no bigger than 3.5cm but nicely deep bodied. Very interesting displays they put on and do shoal nicely with 5/6 fish. Not expensive, very hardy and entertaining when they flutter against each other. I'd say get one male to 3 females. The females have a smaller dorsal and red on their fins. Girls only will display (i had 5 females to start with), but the males swim circles around the females when in together. Really like mine and change from the neons etc.

Cheers Rob, I ended up getting 5 'Black' Rasboras, I'm not sure of their proper name but they're the ones with a dark blue body and orange heads. I wish I'd bought some bigger tetras really but I made a hasty decision in the Green Machine as they were half price. They contrast nicely with my Green Neons though so I'll keep em for a bit.

BBA! :mad:

Everything was coming along nicely, I was just about to switch to my new lighting when I found a small amount of BBA on my Ammania sp bonsai in the back left corner. There probably isn't too much flow down there but the plants were doing alright.

My plan of action is:
Remove any affected plants (done)
Daily water changes
Reduced lighting period (from 7hours to five hours)
Spot treating with Easycarbo

I'm just wondering about my EI dosing, I've got this kit and I dose about 1.5 x the amount they recommend, should I change the amount?

Thanks

James

looks excellent mate hows the bba ? u sorting that before new lights going up, also whats your bps and is it inline or in-tank diffuser ? cannot remember mate

Dean

Back