• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James' new ADA 60-P ... New photos

I really like the hard scape and can't wait to see this grow in I think it will be a beauty. I know what you mean about staring at hard scape for weeks though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks chaps, it's reassuring to hear positive words, you can over think these things sometimes.

I'm just waiting for my Purigen to arrive and then I'll try some proper photography.

I forgot to mention, that Tropica 1,2 Grow Ammania sp. 'Bonsai' is incredible, I'm sure it's grown over 10mm since Saturday!

least I haven't got any algae (yet).

Did a bit of trimming and cleaning last night and found some small brown spots of algae on the glass - me and my big mouth :facepalm: :arghh:

I plan to start EI dosing at the weekend when I've got time to measure it all out.

Took a few shots last night, I need to work on my photography (and turn of the CO2!)

ox27.jpg

c7jl.jpg

itvf.jpg

Well, the honeymoon period is officially over :( . I couldn't find my camera this morning but I'll take a few pictures tonight.

My Ammania sp Bonsai has started to melt to the extent that it's breaking off and floating to the surface, although some of them in a different area of the tank still seem healthy. Also my
Hemianthus micranthemoidesis looking a bit brown (in a similar area to the melting Bonsai) So I'm assuming it's poor flow / circulation and distribution of CO2. I only started EI dosing last week so I was genuinely expecting my plants to become healthier not worse. :arghh:

I added an extra filter on the opposite corner of the tank which seems to have helped the flow and repositioned the diffuser as well as increasing the amount of CO2.... time will tell but hopefully this will help.

I've also got algae growing on my glass, mainly down near the substrate, if only my plants would grow as quick.... if I clean it off it's back the next day.

Overall I'm quite depressed about the whole thing but hopefully I can turn it around, Clive's mantra of flow, CO2 and nutrients will see me through!

:(

Hey mate. Don't get disheartened. Your tank is still maturing. You have a good 3/4 months of keeping a very close eye on it. Its a learning curve that we all need to go through!

I'm trying to eliminate any inadequacies so I've got a question about my ferts. I bought the starter kit from aquarium plant food uk and am following these instructions:

Standard Ei Dosing [This is a guideline only]

Macro Solution
Mix, Shake & Leave to Dissolve Overnight:
4tsp Potassium Nitrate
1tsp Potassium Phosphate
6tsp Magnesium Sulphate
500ml Water

Micro Solution
Mix, Shake & Leave to Dissolve Overnight:
1tsp Chelated Trace Elements
500ml Water

Dosing
Macro 3x a week. (10ml per 50ltr of Aquarium water)
Micro 3x a week. (10ml per 50ltr of Aquarium water)
20-50% weekly water change.
Does that sound about right? (I'm actually adding about 15ml per day as my tanks about 65 litres).

Thanks.

0rst.jpg

jtek.jpg

0pa4.jpg

My plants seem to be deteriorating a a slow rate, Ammania sp. Bonsai is melting, Hairgrass mini is turning brown, Micranthemum umbrosum is turning very brown on the lower parts of the plants. I’m also getting algae on the glass of my tank on a daily basis.

If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated, the second filter has only been on for a week and I only significantly increased CO2 last weekend as well. Previously I didn’t trust the solenoid so I was manually putting it on in the morning before I went to work, as the lights don’t go on until 3 oclock I didn’t leave it to high (about 2 BPS) but since I started using the solenoid on a timer I’ve ramped it right up. The flow seems to be pretty good since I added the extra filter - I can see the CO2 bubbles moving all around the tank with no apparent dead spots.

Here are the specs of my tank

Water Changes:

40 - 50% twice a week

Substrate:

ADA Amazonia

CO2:

600g Disposable bottle via glass nano diffuser, more bubbles than I can count per second. Comes on 1 hour before lights on but always trickles in when the solenoid is off.

Ei Dosing:

15ml each day (alternating macro and micro as the previous post).

Filtration:

Eheim 2213
Fluval 106 (with an Eheim Skimmer next to the outflow for extra flow).

Lily pipes on opposite corners of the tank.

Light:

Z series LED, 7 hours per day.

Specs:

MODEL PRO-LED-Z-20
INPUT POWER AC 100V~240V
POWER 21.3W // 56mW / 1pcs
COLOR TEMPERATURE 8000K
LUMINOUS INTENSITY 1400mcd / 1pcs
OUTPUT POWER DC 12V
LED LAMP 180pcs

Any suggestions about where I’m going wrong would be great. I only started the remedial measures last weekend so things might be slowly improving, certainly the rate of deterioration doesn’t seem as fast.

Thanks.

Is that likely? the A.sp.B. and MU have been in for about three weeks and the hairgsass five or six weeks. The hairgrass and A sp B were tropica 1,2 grow but the MU was in a pot underwater when I bought it.

If you're right Ali what can I do? leave them to sort themselves out?

Cheers

James

Hello James,

Sorry hear about you recent issues... I'm pretty new to this hobby, but i had similar issue in my tank, even thou my drop checker was always lime green, i decided to add a in inline Co2 diffuser, my plants seem to have recovered, so perhaps it a c20 deficiency.

I couldn't say 100% but I have always had this problem with hair grass at least

Back